The “buffalo wings” is a recipe for typical American cuisine. It consists of chicken wings sprinkled with a slightly bittersweet spicy sauce. For our keto recipe, we will substitute traditional flour by coconut flour.
In this particular recipe, we use whole chicken wings and we deep fry them after marinating for an hour.
Be sure to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Alternatively, you can also choose your favourite part of the chicken wing such as drummettes or wingettes (flats) for this recipe.
Instead of deep-frying, you can bake or grill it using the same marinade we use for this recipe. To make it juicy and saucy, you can add extra sauce and mix it with the wings after you finish cooking them like this photo below.
[thrive_text_block color=”orange” headline=”Receive Our Free 7-Day Keto Meal Plans + Weekly Recipes”] [thrive_optin color=”blue” text=”Send me!” optin=”55" size=”medium” layout=”horizontal”][/[/thrive_text_block]/p>
Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Coat the chicken wings with lemon on all sides. Set aside for 3 minutes then wash and dry thoroughly. For a simpler method, just wash and dry the wings without putting the lemon.
- Smash together the paprika, pepper, garlic, salt, hot pepper, hot sauce, and vinegar with a mortar.
- Marinate the chicken wings with the mixed spices. Chill in the fridge for an hour while flipping the wings occasionally.
- Transfer the wings to a plate and coat with coconut flour all over to cover the entire sides.
- Pour the oil in a deep fryer set at 375°F.
- Brown the wings in the oil for around 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat once the wings turn brown on the sides. Serve on a platter.