If you miss eating buffalo chicken wings at your favorite restaurant, then this recipe will be your new best friend. Our Buffalo Wings contain all of the flavor that you’d normally expect from chicken wings, but without the added sugars, inflammatory vegetable oils, and breading.
Instead of making Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings, we use our air fryer.
Chicken wings can be a very healthy meal if they are made properly. As a complete protein, chicken contains all of the essential amino acids to help support metabolic body processes.
The problem is that the preparation of chicken wings varies from restaurant to restaurant. Some bake them without any sugary sauces or seasonings while others deep fry them in canola oil after rolling them in breading.
Our air fried chicken wings recipe cuts the inflammatory ingredients out and focuses on flavoring the chicken with anti-inflammatory spices instead. Our sauce is made with butter, hot sauce, garlic, and salt. It contains very few carbs and won’t kick you out of ketosis.
We recommend buying a high-quality cut of chicken wings. It will enhance the taste of the recipe while also providing more nutritional value. Look for chicken wings that are organic and free from antibiotics. Your local butcher should have a fresh cut that will work well in this recipe.
The same thing goes for butter. Always use grass-fed or fresh butter whenever possible. Research shows that grass-fed products are higher in omega 3 fatty acids and certain vitamins than grain-fed animal products (*).
You’ll also notice that the color of grass-fed butter is more vibrant than that of conventionally-raised butter. This is a sure sign that you’re getting a richer product.
You can serve this recipe as a snack with a yummy low-carb dipping sauce or pair these chicken wings with a vegetable for dinner. This is one of the best low carb appetizers you can prepare.
Don’t forget to explore our blog for more chicken wings recipes.
Let’s Do It!
Wash chicken wings and pat dry with paper towels. Put them in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F. Grease the basket inside the air fryer with olive oil. Put the chicken wings inside the air fryer.
Cook the wings for 25 minutes and flip them or shake the basket halfway through.
Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by mixing together melted butter with hot sauce and garlic powder.
When cooked through, remove the wings from the air fryer and put in a bowl. Pour the sauce over the wings and toss to coat.
Serve warm with low-carb dipping sauce or enjoy plain.
More Chicken Recipes Using Air Fryer You Can Try:
Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- 1 ½ lb chicken wings cut at joints
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil for greasing
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- ¼ cup hot sauce to your liking
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- celery sticks
- ranch dressing
- Pat chicken wings dry with paper towels. Arrange them in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat your air fryer to 360F. Grease an air fryer inner basket with olive oil and arrange chicken wings inside in a single layer. Place in the air fryer and cook for 25 minutes flipping them or shaking the basket halfway.
- While wings are cooking, prepare buffalo sauce: whisk melted butter with hot sauce and garlic powder.
- When the cooking time ends, remove chicken wings from the air fryer and place in a bowl. Pour prepared sauce over the wings and toss well.
- Serve with celery sticks and ranch dressing.