You can’t beat chocolate. Until it is combined with cream cheese. In a Keto Brownie Cheesecake recipe. That sentence just kept on getting better, didn’t it?
Chocolate is always a privilege. There is nothing better than a chocolate flavored dessert, but it’s even better when it’s low-carb. So, let’s try and make this incomparable delight.
For the brownie layer, you will need unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, eggs, heavy cream, butter, vanilla extract, erythritol and a pinch of salt.
This is a healthy upgrade to the usual brownie base, which include white flour and table sugar. Our sugar levels spike just thinking about these ingredients!
Additionally, our healthy brownies provide a good source of polyphenols, fiber, dietary magnesium, B vitamins, and protein.
But the most important fact is that this dessert can make you happy. Don’t believe us? Research shows that cocoa stimulates our brain to release hormones known as endorphins, which trigger our brain’s “reward system” and promotes a feeling of positivity (1).
Chocolate is also one of the best sources of antioxidants, which helps reduce inflammation as well as the risk of many diseases. For more information about keto-friendly chocolate, check our guide here.
Nest, we move on to the cheesecake layer. You will need cream cheese, sour cream, lemon zest. These add some more nutrients.
For example, dairy products contain calcium for your strong bones and cellular communication. Lemon provides vitamin C to make your immune system strong. These foods will add delicious flavor, too.
Even in small amounts, lemon has a big impact on your health. In addition to boosting your immune system, lemon has also been shown to reduce blood pressure (2).
When you’ve combined both layers, drizzle a little bit of melted chocolate on top and serve. This makes a great dessert to bring to your next holiday party!
Let’s Do It!
To start, prepare the brownie layer by combining the cocoa powder and sweetener. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and add to the sweetener/cocoa powder mixture. Add melted butter, baking powder, salt, vanilla, and cream. Mix all ingredients.
Pour mixture into the bottom of pan and bake for about 10-15 minutes.
Prepare the filling by mixing together all filling ingredients.
Pour over the baked brownie crust. Return to the oven for another 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Then store in the refrigerator overnight or for at least six hours. Drizzle with melted chocolate and serve cold!
More cheesecake recipes you can try:
Keto Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
For brownie layer:
For cheesecake layer:
- 1/2 lb cream cheese softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- ¼ cup erythritol
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- chocolate melted for drizzling (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Combine together erythritol and cocoa powder. Put the bowl aside.
- Beat the eggs in another bowl until soft.
- Pour the beaten egg into the erythritol and cocoa powder. Add melted butter, baking powder, vanilla, and cream into the mix as well. Stir together then flavor with a pinch of salt.
- Cover your mixture with parchment paper or use silicone cake pan and distribute base mix on the bottom of your pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes in a preheated oven.
- Use a mixer to whisk together all filling ingredients. Pour the filling on top of the baked base.
- Reduce the heat to 300 degrees F, return the cake into the oven and bake for 20 minutes more.
- After removing from the oven, allow to cool at room temperature and chill in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight.
- Cut into slices and serve drizzled with melted chocolate (optional).