Nothing puts you in the holiday spirit like preparing a tasty treat. A complex dish always creates an elevated atmosphere and makes you feel good, doesn’t it?
This keto lemon cheesecake with almond crust is sure to be a hit at your next gathering, but it’s also a great dessert to make when you need to treat yourself to something delicious.
You’ll need to set aside about four hours of your day for this recipe to be ready to eat. But it only requires about 45 minutes of prep work. Your refrigerator does the rest!
The crust features an almond flour and butter base. It’s sweetened with erythritol, but the filling is so sweet that you can leave this out of the crust if you want!
The filling contains cream cheese and sour cream, which are great additions to the keto diet because of their high fat and low carb content. These ingredients also make the filling extra creamy and decadent.
Most people don’t know this, but sour cream contains over 20 different vitamins and minerals per 100-gram serving! Sour cream is also good for the digestive system because it contains probiotics, which also helps boost immune health.
This recipe also calls for vanilla, which does not only make your mouth water. It helps with enzyme synthesis, nervous system functioning, and regulating body metabolism.
The eggs provide a wealth of protein, riboflavin, calcium, phosphorus, and vitamin B-12. Be sure to go with organic, pasture-raised eggs whenever possible.
The lemon is the final touch. It provides a sweet flavor and plenty of health benefits. Lemons are high in vitamin C, fiber, and various beneficial plant compounds. So, it’s not only a flavorful mixture, but a healthy one, too.
Let’s Do It!
First, make the crust. Combine melted butter with almond flour, vanilla, xanthan gum and sweetener.
Distribute on the parchment paper in the form and poke it with a fork. Bake for 10-15 minutes in a preheated oven, remove, and set aside.
Next, make the filling. Combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, sweetener, vanilla and lemon juice. Mix well with a mixer. Add eggs, lemon zest and xanthan gum.
Pour the filling on top of the crust.
Bake for around 30 minutes and then chill for about four hours. Cut and serve.
Keto Lemon Cheesecake
FOR THE CRUST
MAKING THE CRUST
- To make the crust, melt butter and combine it with almond flour, vanilla, xanthan gum and sweetener. Mix well.
- Cover your form (standard size, 9-Inch Springform Pan will do) with parchment paper or use silicone cake form and distribute crust mix on the bottom of your form. Poke it with a fork.
- Bake 10-15 min in a preheated 300F oven then remove and set aside.
MAKING THE FILLING
- For the filling: In a bowl combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, sweetener, vanilla and lemon juice. Mix it well with a mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time and blend till fully incorporated.
- Add lemon zest and xanthan gum, mix well.
- Pour the filling on top of the crust.
- Put it in a preheated 300F oven. Bake it till edges are set, the middle might be a bit jiggly (around 30 minutes).
- Take it out and let it cool then refrigerate for at least 4 hours. It’s better to keep it in a fridge overnight to let it fully set. Decorate to your liking.