This terrific noodle-less lasagna is great for low carb and keto dieters. You can also substitute zucchini with eggplant. It is better to slice the zucchinis as thin as you can so you can make 2-3 layers of zucchini. You can cut it lengthwise or in circular pieces. It will look great when you cut a portion for serving.
Keto Zucchini Lasagna
- After washing the zucchini, chop off both tips and sliver lengthwise into thin strips.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan set over medium heat.
- Sauté the mushroom with the onion and garlic in the pan for a minute. Salt and pepper just to taste.
- Mix in the tomato and beef and allow cooking for another 3-5 minutes. Simmer for 5 more minutes, enough to thicken the sauce to your liking. Set aside.
- Set the oven to 325°F to preheat.
- Crack the egg in a medium bowl. Add the parmesan cheese and beat together.
- Prepare a baking dish for the lasagna. Layer a bed of meat on the base of the dish, arrange the zucchini slices on top of the meat, and finally pour the egg and cheese mix on the surface. Continue with the lasagna layers until the rest of the ingredients are all used up.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top.
- Set the oven to 340°F and bake the dish inside. Leave for about 20-30 minutes until the cheese turns golden and melted.
- Allow cooling for another 3 minutes then serve.
- Serve with the lettuce or your favorite veggies.