If you are a fan of Mexican cuisine or you tried our Keto Beef Taquitos before then you’d love this keto chicken taquito.
Taquito is a very common Mexican food, which consists of a small rolled-up tortilla with a variety of fillings. This is mainly beef, cheese or chicken.
The original tortilla consists of cornmeal which has too many carbs. So we use a mix of cheddar and mozzarella cheese to make the tortilla shell instead. The result is delicious!
For the filling, we chose minced chicken and fry it in coconut oil. Beef or pork is also great for the filling which is an excellent source of protein, and also gives you a feeling of satiety for a long time.
Chili flakes will add spice to the dish. You can also treat friends and family to this dish. We are sure that they will appreciate your culinary skills.
Let’s Ketofy It!
In a frying pan, add olive oil (or coconut oil) in and fry the shallot for 1-2 minutes so it releases an amazing smell.
Next, add chicken in and saute for 3-4 minutes.
Add salsa and the rest of the seasonings in and cook on low heat for 10-12 minutes. Once done, remove from heat.
In the meantime, make the cheese shell tortilla by mixing different types of cheese in a bowl. Divide this into 4 parts to make 4 tortillas.
Place each cheese portion in a nonstick frying pan and fry it for 2-3 minutes or until cheeses melt. Remove to a plate and let it cool.
Wrapping it up: Add cooked chicken on each cheese shell and roll quickly. Feel free to add extra fillings such as sliced tomato, avocado, and other herbs if you want to. Serve immediately with sour cream on top (optional).
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Keto Chicken Taquitos
For tortilla shells:
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup Mozzarella shredded
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan, add shallot and fry for 1-2 minutes, add chicken mince, cook for 3-4 minutes, stir in salsa or marinara sauce, chili flakes, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook on low for 10-12 minutes.
- Mix cheddar cheese and mozzarella in a bowl and divide this mixture into 4 parts. Fry each tortilla in a nonstick frying pan for 2-3 minutes or until cheeses melt. Remove to a plate and repeat with the remaining cheese.
- Let cool for a minute, then start wrapping the filling inside the cheese tortilla: add chicken mixture on each shell and roll quickly. Serve immediately, topped with sour cream (optional).