Keto Shirataki Noodles Carbonara Pasta
When you think about carbonara, the first thing that comes to your mind is probably all the carbs pasta has.
To make carbonara keto friendly, you can either make the pasta out of zucchini or use shirataki noodles. We made a similar recipe using zucchini before and today we will be using shirataki.
Shirataki noodles have many different names such as konjac noodles, konnyaku noodles or miracle noodles. This type of noodles is made from konjac yam, an Asian plant, which has very low calories and digestible carbohydrates and little flavor.
Since we will use a raw egg for the carbonara sauce, you should be very careful when preparing it so it doesn’t end up eggy and become big pieces like scrambled egg. For this, you just have to make sure that your carbonara pasta is not too hot, but warm enough.
Feel free to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Related: Keto Zucchini Carbonara
Receive Our Free 7-Day Keto Meal Plan + Weekly Recipes
Shirataki noodles Carbonara
- Set a frying pan over medium heat. Cut the bacon into small pieces and gently toss them into the pan. Crispy fry it.
- Place the noodles and minced garlic in the crispy bacon bits. Season with a dash of pepper and salt. Constantly stir the noodles for around 5 minutes on medium-low heat to set the noodle strands apart.
- While cooking the noodles, beat the eggs and 1 oz of parmesan cheese together in a bowl. Reserve for later use.
- Transfer the cooked noodles in a separate bowl. Stir well with the egg and cheese mixture. Gently mix them together so as not to scramble the eggs.
- Garnish with the chopped cilantro. Best served hot.