Do you love cheesy pasta, but try to avoid such dishes while on keto? We have good news! You don’t need to say no to pasta any more.
We’ve made a keto version of the traditional Italian classic that you’ll love just as much as the real thing, minus all the carbs.
Of course, we do not include just normal spaghetti in our recipe. We swapped spaghetti to shirataki noodles.
Have you already heard about these “miracle” noodles? If not, let us fill you in.
Shirataki noodles are grain and gluten-free, keto-friendly pasta alternative. They are made from the Japanese konjac yam and consist almost entirely of water and fiber, so they contain almost zero calories and carbs.
These noodles can support your weight loss journey, improve cholesterol and blood sugar levels, and add variety to your low-carb diet.
Normally, shirataki noodles are packed in water, so you need to drain and rinse them before cooking. Just transfer your noodles to boiling water and cook on low for 1-2 minutes.
All you need to do next is to toss them in your favourite low-carb sauce. They’ll take on the flavour of whatever you mix them with.
Let’s Do It!
Shirataki noodles are truly a miracle. Not only are they virtually free of carbs and calories, but they also require very little cooking time. They contain mostly water, so you don’t want to overcook them and make them soggy.
In our recipe, we combined our miracle noodles with baked creamy camembert. To make, take a small wheel of camembert and cut off its top rind.
Place the camembert to the oven-safe skillet and bake for 15 minutes or until completely melted.
While the camembert is baking, cook the shirataki noodles, drain them and place into a bowl. Add a splash of olive oil, parsley, red pepper flakes, minced garlic, sea salt and black pepper and toss well.
When the cheese is melted, add seasoned shirataki to the skillet and toss until coated using tongs. Sprinkle some Grana Padano and serve immediately.
More Keto Shirataki Noodles Recipes:
- Keto Beef Spinach and Shirataki Noodles Stir Fry
- Beef Shirataki Noodle Soup
- Spanakopita Noodles with Spinach and Feta Cheese
Keto Camembert Shirataki Noodles
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cut off the top rind of camembert. Place camembert to the oven safe skillet and bake for 15 minutes or until camembert is melted.
- Cook shirataki according to package directions. Place noodles into a bowl, add olive oil, parsley, red pepper flakes, minced garlic, sea salt and black pepper and toss well.
- When the cheese is totally melted add seasoned shirataki to the skillet and toss until coated using tongs.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with Grana Padano cheese.