This creamy and fluffy low carb lemon mousse can be a great dessert after dinner. You can make this and share with your family and friends. It can be made with 2 main ingredients heavy cream and gelatin. To add flavor, you can use sweetener and fresh lemon juice.
Be sure to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Side note: Some people might be comfortable to use sugar-free Jell-O for this recipe. However, if you are diabetic, you might not want to use Jell-O because it contains maltodextrin which is high on the glycemic index (GI) and aspartame that might not be ideal for your blood sugar, even though they are FDA-approved.
Low Carb Lemon Mousse
- Place a cup of heavy cream in a bowl. Whisk until firm peaks form.
- Prepare the gelatin in another bowl by simply following the instructions in the packet. Set aside to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Incorporate the gelatin into the whipped cream using an electric mixer to blend the mix together. Continue mixing for additional 3 minutes until fully combined.
- Add enough amount of lemon juice and sweetener as desired.
- Pour the mixture into forms. Chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours to firm.
- Enjoy while cold.