This keto dessert will be especially liked by coffee lovers. Today we’d love to share with you how to make a delicious collagen coffee mousse with whipped cream.
This coffee mousse is not only tasty but also nutritious for your whole body. It only takes a few minutes to prepare.
The caffeine in coffee speeds up metabolism and increases the fat burning process, so you’ll lose weight faster. And the taste of coffee is incomparable. If you’re a coffee lover, you’d know what we mean.
One of the ingredients is dark chocolate, with a cocoa content of 85%, which helps lower cholesterol. In addition, it is insanely delicious.
The most important ingredient in this recipe is collagen protein powder.
There are many brands to choose from. The best brand for ketogenic dieters is Perfect Keto Collagen because it contains collagen peptides from USA grass-fed cows, MCTs powder, and gut-healthy acacia fiber – purely designed for ketosis.
If you’ve read our collagen guide before, you’d know how vital it is to add collagen in your diet daily.
Collagen is the most abundant protein in which our body is made of. It’s beneficial for hair, nail, skin and gut health.
Let’s Ketofy It!
Melt the chocolate using a microwave or a double boiler. Stir occasionally to avoid getting burnt at the bottom. Let it cool down.
Brew your black coffee as normal. Dissolve collagen in 1/4 cup coffee. We use Perfect Keto Unflavored Collagen for this recipe.
Use a fork or spoon and beat the egg yolk until pale then mix with the melted chocolate. Add the collagen-coffee mixture in and mix well.
Beat ¾ cup of heavy cream to stiff peaks then combine with the liquid stevia and coffee-chocolate mixture. Stir well.
Pour the mixture into 2 glasses then chill in the fridge for half an hour.
Whip the remaining heavy cream and garnish on the top of your glass. Sprinkle some cocoa powder and enjoy!
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Keto Collagen Coffee Mousse with Whipped Cream
- Use a microwave or a double boiler to melt the chocolate. Stir every 20 seconds so it does not burn the base. Let cool.
- Dissolve a scoop of collagen in 1/4 cup coffee.
- Beat the egg yolk until pale, add to the melted chocolate and stir well.
- Pour collagen coffee into the egg-chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Whip ¾ cup of heavy cream to stiff peaks. Fold it to the collagen-coffee-chocolate mixture. Add liquid stevia in and stir to mix.
- Divide the mixture into 2 glasses (or 4 small glasses for 4 servings) and transfer to a fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Whip ¼ cup of the remaining cream. Garnish the mousse with whipped cream and cocoa powder on top and serve.