Chocolate mousse is a very simple and quick dessert recipe you can prepare in many ways. For this particular low carb version, we use unsweetened coconut milk, unsweetened cacao powder, half an envelope of unflavored gelatin, a little bit of sweetener, cinnamon and coconut flakes.
You can buy the coconut flakes in the supermarket or online. We actually use raw and fresh coconut flakes from the actual coconut because it’s available in our home town.
If you have access to fresh coconut fruit, you can use a stainless steel coconut meat removal to remove the meat from the coconut shell, then slice the meat into small pieces as we did in this recipe.
Feel free to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Keto Chocolate Mousse with Coconut Flakes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp cacao powder unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 pack Gelatin
- 1 tsp So Nourished Erythritol
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flakes unsweetened
- Place 4 tablespoonful of hot water in a bowl. Let the gelatin dissolve in the water.
- Use a whisk or an electric mixer to blend together all the ingredients except the coconut flakes. Add in the dissolved gelatin as well. Let the ingredients combine to produce a smooth and creamy mixture to your liking.
- Chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Garnish with the coconut flakes on top before serving. Enjoy while cold.