One of everyone’s most favourite desserts that not only children love are marshmallows. You probably remember having s’ mores as a kid.
It’s well known that store-bought marshmallows are extremely high in carbohydrates, artificial additives and sugars. This means you’ll need to avoid them on a low-carb diet.
This time we want to introduce you to a recipe that features low-carb marshmallows, they are sugar-free and contain almost zero carbohydrates. These homemade marshmallows will bring pleasure to your whole family!
We use granulated gelatin as a base. It dissolves quickly and provides a higher density and viscosity.
You need to whisk hot water with granulated gelatin and combine with erythritol sweetener dissolved in water. Divide this mixture between two bowls and add flavourings.
This marshmallow recipe is terrific because it contains almost zero carbs. This is due to the use of natural extractions, such as vanilla and raspberry. Just make sure the extracts you use has no added sugars.
You can choose the flavours that you like best, but don’t forget to use only natural ones. In this recipe, we add pure vanilla extract and pure raspberry extract.
After adding flavours, use a hand mixer and beat each mixture until fluffy. Spoon mixture into silicone ice cubes mold and transfer to the fridge to set.
Once they are set, gently unmold marshmallows and enjoy. (You can use a lined dish instead of silicone ice cubes mold. In this case, you need to cut marshmallows into squares with a sharp knife after mixtures are set).
You can not roast low-carb marshmallows like you would with traditional marshmallows. They don’t contain any sugar, so this kind of marshmallows will collapse when they heat. Enjoy them as they are!
Let’s Do It!
To make, dissolve erythritol in hot water.
Whisk together gelatin and hot water in a separate bowl.
Once it’s dissolved, add it to the erythritol water.
Divide the mixture into two bowls and add your choice of extract to each one. In this recipe, we use raspberry in one bowl and vanilla in another.
Spoon the mixture into ice cube molds and freeze to allow the marshmallows to set.
Once they are firm, pop them out and enjoy as a treat!
More keto recipes using gelatin:
Keto Raspberry and Vanilla Marshmallows
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup water hot
- 2 tbsp So Nourished Erythritol or to taste
- 2 tbsp gelatin granulated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract pure, (or to taste)
- 1 tsp raspberry extract pure (or to taste)
- In a saucepan combine ¾ cup water and erythritol, heat stirring to dissolve erythritol.
- In a bowl whisk hot water with gelatin until dissolved and add to the sweet, warm water. Let cool.
- Divide this mixture between 2 bowls. Add pure vanilla extract to one bowl and pure raspberry extract to another bowl.
- Using a hand mixer beat each mixture until fluffy.
- Spoon mixtures into silicone ice cubes mold and transfer to the fridge to set.
- Gently unmold marshmallows and enjoy!