Granola has been a part of everyone’s breakfast. But being known as high in sugar, dieters have steered clear of it ever since. If you are still craving for granola every once in a while, then today’s recipe is the perfect breakfast treat for you.
This Keto Granola recipe is not only tasty and easy to prepare, but it also contributes to your weight loss process. The primary ingredient we need are nuts, particularly almonds, walnuts, and cashews.
Almonds are packed with nutrients and minerals that are helpful for the body. An ounce of this nut already contains 3.5 grams of fiber, 6 grams of protein, and a significant amount of other nutrients such as vitamin E, magnesium, and manganese. Almond also happens to be rich in antioxidants, making it an agent in the protection of cells against aging.
Walnuts, on the other hand, is an excellent source of omega-3 fats that keeps the heart protected from risks. It is also quite good for your gut as it feeds the healthy bacteria in your stomach. Another benefit of walnuts is the reduction of cancer risks for the body because of its polyphenols substance.
Adding cashews to the recipe also helps in normalizing your sugar level and weight. Other important additions are chia seeds for healthy digestion, flaxseeds for body cleaning and immunity boosting, sunflower seeds for the nervous system.
We also tossed in some pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds powder for additional taste. You can prepare the meal within an hour. Easy peasy, right? You can consume the granola as your breakfast or as a snack.
You can even add this to any baking recipe if have in mind. Experiment with other keto-friendly ingredients to suit your taste and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family!
Let’s Do It!
Set the oven to 250 F to preheat.
Combine the cashews, walnuts, chopped almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, and sesame seeds powder.
Place the egg whites in a separate bowl. Add the erythritol and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in the granola mix afterward.
Add some parchment paper in a baking tray. Cover the tray with the granola and top with cinnamon and shredded coconut. Season with salt.
Leave in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes. Let sit to cool at room temperature before breaking into chunks.
- 1/2 cup almonds roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cashews roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds roasted
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds roasted
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds powder
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon optional
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tbsp erythritol (or to taste)
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 250 F.
- In a bowl mix chopped almonds, walnuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds powder, chia and flax seeds.
- In another bowl beat egg whites with erythritol until stiff peaks form. Fold gently into granola mix.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Spread granola onto baking tray and sprinkle with shredded coconut, cinnamon (if using) and sea salt.
- Bake 45-50 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely, break up into chunks and enjoy.