It’s very easy to make crispy sweet meringue cookies without any sugar. Simply use your favorite keto-approved powdered sweetener instead of sugar.
This sugar-free meringue cookie is a 4-ingredient recipe, so it comes together quickly and easily.
There’s no flour in these gluten-free cookies. All you need are egg whites, lemon juice, lemon zest and erythritol. The only thing that takes some time is the cooking and cooling of cookies.
Bake meringues at 200°F for one hour without opening the oven door, turn off the oven and leave cookies in for one more hour until dry and crisp. If you open the door during cooking, the meringues will deflate.
Feel free to experiment with flavors. You can try vanilla or mint extract instead of lemon zest. You can still use lemon juice as a stabilizer. The cookies will not taste lemony without zest.
[page_section color=’#2c3e50′ textstyle=’light’ position=’default’] [/page_section]
[thrive_headline_focus title=”Let’s Ketofy It!” orientation=”center”]
Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat your oven to 200°F.
Whisk the egg whites until foamy and opaque.
Set your hand mixer to high and pour the lemon juice. Whip until there are hard peaks.
Add your erythritol tablespoon by tablespoon while continuing to beat the mixture.
Slowly add the lemon zest.
Using a piping bag, squeeze the mixture to form cookies on the baking sheet.
Bake for one hour. After the hour has passed, turn the oven off, but leave it closed until the cookies have completely cooled. After 1-2 hours, remove the cookies and serve!
Watch how we prepared this here:
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
- Almond and Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- Keto Savory Parmesan Almond Flour Biscuits
Keto Lemon Meringue Cookies
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup So Nourished Erythritol
- 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Place some parchment paper on a large baking sheet and preheat the oven to 200°F.
- Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until it becomes foamy and opaque.
- Pour the lemon juice and set the hand mixer to high. Whip until some hard peaks form.
- Continue to beat while adding erythritol gradually one tablespoon at a time.
- Add the lemon zest slowly.
- Stuff the mixture into a piping bag. Squeeze the bag to form cookies on the baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Place in the oven and bake. After 1 hour, turn the oven off but leave it close to cool the cookies completely. Leave it for about 1-2 hours before taking the sheet out. Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy!