This recipe couldn’t be any easier, quicker, and more flavorful. Don’t hesitate to season each side of the pork chops with your preferred seasoning.
You can use pork chops with or without bone. It should still have a little layer of fat on the outside. This will taste and smell very good when frying.
The size of your pork chop will depend on where you buy it. It can be thick or thin. The one used in this recipe is a small-medium size (around 140g per piece).
It’s always best to use clean sources of meat that come from grass-fed sources whenever possible. Try to get your pork chops from a local butcher so they are fresh.
If you shop at the grocery store, then look for organic, pasture-raised or grass-fed pork that contains no antibiotics or hormones.
This recipe can be served with steamed broccoli or asparagus for the perfect balanced keto meal!
Let’s Do It!
Season each side of the pork chops with salt and pepper.
Add both butter and olive oil to a large skillet. When the skillet is heated to medium-high heat, add the pork chops in and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side.
Once the pork chops are cooked, place them on a baking tray, top each pork chop with 2 tomato slices and a slice of mozzarella cheese.
Place under the broiler on high approximately for 5 minutes, or until cheese melted. You can also put it in a preheated 375 F oven until the cheese is melted.
Transfer to plates and serve with some low carb veggies or salad.
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Mozzarella Pork Chops
- Generously rub some pepper and salt in each side of the pork chop.
- Heat the butter, as well as the olive oil, in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pan sear the pork chops in the skillet for about 2-3 minutes for each side.
- Transfer the meat to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Arrange 2 tomato slices and a piece of mozzarella cheese on top of each pork chop.
- Set the broiler to high and cook the meat for around 5 minutes. Melt the cheese before removing from the oven. Serve with a salad or low carb veggies on the side.