Pork chops are a definite crowd favorite. Even people on a diet couldn’t resist the juiciness and flavor of a piece of grilled or fried pork chop. It’s so quick and easy to cook, just like how you fry steak.
Today, I will surely make you full with this juicy and tasty pork chop recipe. To make a good pan fried pork chop, you must first have quality meat.
In this keto fried pork chops recipe, I only used pork with some fat and bone to bring out the best flavor in our meat. The fatty meat helps cook better and keep it moist.
Pork is one of the high-protein foods to have on keto diet. It contains around 25 grams of protein for every 100 gram of meat. It also has zero carbs and sugar so it’s safe to say that this dish will not ruin ketosis. It also has some amounts of vitamins and minerals like selenium, thiamin, zinc, iron, vitamin B12, and phosphorous.
Pork dishes also keep our stomach full and help avoiding the need to eat between meals. You can cook pork for lunch or dinner. It also goes well with your favorite greens such as broccoli or spinach.
It is also necessary that you pat dry your meat after you wash them since we will be frying it. Pan frying wet meat will not make a crunchy crust and can be dangerous due to the oil splattering. I only need a small amount of oil and butter when searing this cut of meat.
This dish is one of the most craved for on a festive table. So feel free to experiment and season the pork according to your taste preferences. Just make sure you keep your dish keto-friendly.
How to Make Pan-Seared Pork Chops Juicy
On a chopping board, pierce the pork with a fork on both sides. Rub some salt and pepper on both sides to season it.
Melt butter in a frying pan or cast iron, set over medium-high heat. Gently add the pork chop in and brown one side for around 8 minutes. Do the same for the other side.
Set the heat to low. Add minced garlic and thyme and the rest of the butter. Use a spoon to baste the meat with garlic-thyme-butter juice, then turn off the heat. Turn the meat over and leave it in the pan for another 4 to 6 minutes to absorb the flavor.
Remove from the pan and into the serving plate. Sprinkle with ground pepper and serve warm with your side dish of choice, such as steamed veggies or green salad.
You might want to try these pork recipes:
- Thai Basil and Pork Stir Fry
- Chicharron Fried Pork Belly
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- Mozzarella Pork Chops with Tomato
Keto Pan Fried Pork Chop
- Place the meat on a cutting board and prick it all over with a fork, then flip and prick the other side.
- Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chop and cook browned on both sides, about 8 minutes per side.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add remaining butter, thyme, and garlic. When butter is melted, baste the meat by tilting the pan and spooning the juice over it. Turn off the heat, flip the pork chop and let rest in a skillet covered with a lid for 4-6 minutes.
- Transfer to the plate, season with freshly ground pepper if using and serve with your favourite side dish.