Do you love Mexican food? So do I! Today I want to introduce you to a keto Mexican bowl. Our Cabbage Fish Taco Bowls contain only 5 net carbs per serving and would be a great choice for dinner or lunch.
To prepare this Cabbage Fish Taco Bowl, you need high-quality white fish fillets. You can choose any white fish that you like most, but I recommend going with a clean cut of fish that is organic or wild-caught.
These cuts of fish tend to have fewer chemicals or additives. Avoid farm-raised fish whenever possible, unless it’s organic.
Move over, Taco Tuesdays! You won’t miss those starchy tacos with this low-carb taco bowl dish. It has the same spicy flare that you love about tacos minus the carbs.
To make, prepare your fish by rubbing it with olive oil and dry rub. Cook the fish all the way through and prepare your dressing. Take the fish out of the oven and shred it. Then add it to a bowl with cabbage and dressing. Toss and enjoy!
You can eat this bowl as is or topped with guacamole or avocado slices. It would also be good with some Mexican shredded cheese!
Let’s Do It!
First, you’ll need to make the dry rub. To make, mix the following in a small bowl: paprika, garlic powder, coriander, chilli powder, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
Rub the fish fillets with olive oil and apply the dry rub on both sides. Let rest for at least 30 minutes.
While the fish is resting, preheat the oven to 350 F. Arrange the fish fillets on a wire rack placed on a baking tray. Leave in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Let the cooked fish rest for a few minutes, then transfer to the cutting board and shred the fillets using forks.
While the fish is cooking, thinly slice some cabbage and prepare the dressing by mixing sour cream, lime juice, hot sauce and sea salt.
In a bowl, combine green and red cabbage and pour half of the dressing over. Mix well and divide between serving bowls. Assemble shredded fish over the cabbage and drizzle remaining dressing over the fillets.
Serve immediately sprinkled with green onion and avocado slices or guacamole.
More low-carb fish recipes you can try:
Keto Cabbage Fish Taco Bowls
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, coriander, chilli powder, oregano, garlic powder, lemon zest, sea salt and black pepper.
- Rub fish fillets with olive oil and prepared dry rub on both sides. Let rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Arrange fish fillets on a wire rack placed on a baking tray. Leave in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Prepare the dressing: In a bowl whisk all dressing ingredients.
- Let the cooked fish rest for a few minutes, transfer to a cutting board and shred the fillets using forks.
- In a bowl, combine green and red cabbage. Pour half of the dressing over and mix well.
- Assemble shredded fish over the cabbage. Drizzle remaining dressing over the fillets.
- Sprinkle with green onion and serve immediately with avocado slices.