This oven baked chicken breast with cheese on top is a perfect solution when you need a tasty dish and do not want to spend hours in the kitchen. It would be a great option both for dinner for two or to feed a crowd of guests.
Either way, you will need to spend only 10 minutes to prep for these super tender cheese breasts. You can even prepare some ahead of time and put them in the refrigerator for lunch tomorrow.
Keep in mind that this dish is not only easy to cook and super tasty but will load your body with a great portion of proteins and healthy fats. Plus, it only contains around 2 grams of carbs per serving, which makes it a perfect keto chicken dish.
This version of breaded chicken uses almond flour as a base instead of traditional bread crumbs, which contain too many carbs to be eaten on a low-carb diet. Breadcrumbs also contain gluten and many people experience digestive upset because of it.
We love the creaminess of this dish, thanks to the butter. You can also expect a hearty meal due to all the healthy fats in the butter, cheese, and almond flour.
Start by dipping the chicken in melted butter. Then dip in the almond flour mixture and cover with cheese. Bake the chicken in the oven until they are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Let’s Do It!
To make, preheat your oven to 350 F. Melt the butter in a stovetop pan, and add minced garlic, salt and pepper.
In a bowl, combine cheddar cheese, parmesan, almond flour, garlic powder, dry parsley, a pinch of salt and black pepper.
Mix well the ingredients.
Dip your chicken breasts first in seasoned melted butter and then cover it with the cheese mixture. Arrange coated chicken breasts on a wire rack placed on a baking tray.
Transfer to the oven and cook for 35 to 40 minutes. At the end of cooking, take the baking tray out of the oven and top the breasts with shredded cheddar.
Return the chicken breasts to the oven for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately with some green salad or steamed broccoli or any other low-carb vegetable.
More low carb baked chicken recipes you can try:
- Tender and Juicy Baked Chicken Breast
- Oven Baked Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs
- Oven Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Fingers
Keto Baked Cheese Chicken Breast
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a bowl combine melted butter with minced garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl combine cheddar, parmesan, almond flour, garlic powder, dry parsley, a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Dip the chicken breasts in seasoned melted butter and cover it with the cheese mixture.
- Arrange coated chicken breasts on a wire rack placed on a baking tray. Leave in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Top with shredded cheddar the last 5 minutes of cooking (optional).
- Serve with some leafy greens.