For all of those who don’t like fish because of the fishy smell, this recipe is a must-try for you. When you prepare white fish with sauce, it doesn’t have that fishy smell like the other types of recipes.
This recipe bursts with flavors because the fish itself is covered with delicious and fragrant buttery and lemony sauce.
As you probably already know, fish is packed with protein. They also provide a good source of vitamin B, selenium, iodine, and omega-3 fatty acids. Fish is also a vital part of the growth and formation of strong bones.
Research shows that fish is a good source of polyunsaturated fatty acids, including eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), which have been shown to decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease, support neurological health and formation, aid in visual development in infants, and reduce the risk of inflammatory conditions and cancers (1).
The American Heart Association recommends eating 1 gram of EPA/DHA each day to help prevent coronary heart disease (2). For healthy people, the AHA recommends consuming fish at least twice per week, which should equal around 500 mg of EPA/DHA.
EPA and DHA have further been shown to positively impact blood pressure, endothelial function, blood vessel flexibility, inflammation, blood sugar, and platelet aggregation activity to prevent blood clots (3).
Can you believe that you can make this keto dish in under 10 minutes? Yes, you can! Don’t forget to sprinkle it with some freshly chopped parsley because that adds lots of freshness to the dish.
All you need is some fish, butter, and lemon. Season it well and even the pickiest eaters will enjoy the simplicity of this dish.
Let’s Do it!
First, make the sauce. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown it for around 3 minutes. When it’s done, transfer the brown butter to a bowl and set aside. Add in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
To cook the fish fillets, season them with salt and pepper on each side and sprinkle them with almond flour on the skinless side.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and add in 1 tablespoon of butter. Fry the fillets on each side for about 2 minutes.
When it’s cooked, transfer the fillets to a serving plate. Drizzle with the butter and lemon sauce and serve with some leafy greens.
Keto Lemon Butter White Fish
- 2 white fish fillets
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Prepare the sauce: melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat then let it brown (approximately 3 minutes). Take it off the heat and pour into a bowl. Then add lemon juice and season butter with salt and pepper.
- Season fillets with salt and pepper and sprinkle with almond flour on the skinless side (or on both sides if you are using skinless fillets).
- Heat oil in a skillet and add in 1 tbsp butter. When butter is melted, add fish fillets and fry for 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the fish to the plate, drizzle each fillet with butter-lemon sauce, sprinkle with chopped parsley, and serve with some leafy greens.