Traditional Indian dipping sauce raita is commonly used in many recipes. This kind of cucumber raita can be a salad dressing or a dip for your favorite low carb snack.
However, today we use this sauce to serve with a simple but delicious piece of fried fish and some leafy greens.
When choosing the perfect fish, there is no way to make a wrong choice if you buy fresh fish, especially wild caught. We will need boneless fillets for this dish.
If you don’t like fish or don’t have fish available, you can opt for chicken or any other white meat.
Indian menu uses lots of spices in main course meals with fish or meat. If you are not afraid to experiment, go to the Indian grocery store and look for cardamom, coriander or just buy garam masala which is a mix of all possible Indian scent to marinate the fish.
If you want to keep it simple, just stick to lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper and it’s still as delicious.
[page_section color=’#2c3e50′ textstyle=’light’ position=’default’] [/page_section]
[thrive_headline_focus title=”Let’s Ketofy It!” orientation=”center”]
Get all the ingredients ready. For raita, we need diced cucumber, lemon juice, ground cumin, salt, and pepper. For the fish marinade, we need lemon juice, zest, black pepper, and salt.
To make Raita sauce, simply mix all the required ingredients. Put it aside for later use.
Next, we marinate the fish. You can marinate it ahead of time such as 30 minutes before cooking for the best result.
After that, we fry the fish over a medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. If you prefer a little crispiness on the outside and edges of the fillet, leave it in the pan for a little longer. Once done, transfer the fried fish to a plate with some lettuce. Pour the Raita sauce on top and enjoy!
Watch how we made this here:
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
- Baked Fish Fillets with Vegetables in Foil
- Keto Fish and Chips
- Baked Salmon with Almond and Creamy Sauce
Fried Fish with Cucumber Raita
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 small cucumber diced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb cod (any white fish)
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil for frying
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice, cumin, Himalayan salt and pepper and set aside.
- In another bowl combine the fish with 2 tbsp of lemon juice, zest, black pepper and salt.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the fish for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer the fish to a plate, pour the raita over the fillet and serve with some leafy greens.