Do you feel like having tacos? Instead of taco shells, you can actually use zucchini slices! It’s an unusual solution, but it is very simple and tasty. Try it out, and you won’t be disappointed!
Zucchini is a great vegetable to have while you’re on the keto diet – it contains only 2.1 net grams of carbs while still being very versatile because of its texture and relatively neutral taste.
Instead of ghee, you can use butter or another type of cooking oil, according to your preferences. You can also substitute the cheddar for another similar hard cheese, and use slightly less or slightly more, depending on how you prefer your zucchini bites. You can also add salsa when frying the beef (make sure to take it into account when counting your macros).
It’s important not to bake the bites for too long, as you want to keep the zucchini’s naturally crunchy texture.
Let’s Ketofy It!
After washing the zucchini thoroughly with water, slice it crosswise to make thin circles. You can make them as thick as you like but preferably around 3 mm thick. Set the oven at 200 C to preheat.
Place the ghee in a pan and let it heat for a couple of minutes before sautéing the onions in. Stir the onions in the ghee for 2 minutes then add the taco seasoning and ground beef. Leave for 3 minutes to cook.
Arrange the zucchini slices on a baking sheet. Top the slices with about a tablespoonful of the cooked meat. Leave to bake in preheated oven for 7 minutes.
Place some grated cheddar on top of each slice then continue baking for another 3 minutes.
Add a chunk of avocado and some sour cream on each slice then serve warm with friends and family.
- Keto Fried Mozzarella Bites
- Bacon Burger Bites
- Eggs and Asparagus Breakfast Bites
- Keto Mini Coconut Flour Pizza Bites
Zucchini Taco Bites
- While preheating the oven at 200°C, cut the zucchini into thin slices, about 3 mm thick.
- Heat the ghee in a pan then sauté the onion in for 2 minutes. Gently throw in the ground beef with the taco seasoning. Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Put a scant tablespoonful of the cooked beef on the zucchini slices. Place in the oven to bake for 7 minutes.
- Add the grated cheddar cheese on top and rebake for an additional 3 minutes.
- Top with some sour cream and a piece of avocado.
- Serve and enjoy!