The eggs and asparagus breakfast bite is an excellent breakfast (or brunch) dish – they’re easy to prepare and are also filling. The recipe can be easily modified – you can substitute the asparagus with another vegetable, i.e. spinach or mushrooms.
You can also cook a bigger batch for the next 2-3 days and store them in the fridge (double or triple the amounts of each ingredient, as needed). Of course, you can also eat this dish for lunch or for dinner.
The coconut flour and the baking powder give these egg bites a fluffy texture, but you can also do them without these two ingredients. They will be flatter, but will be still as tasty. Instead of butter, you can use coconut virgin oil, or another cooking oil.
Let’s Ketofy It!
If you have fresh asparagus, wash them thoroughly then chop to make 2-cm long portions. Let them brown in the skillet for about 5 minutes. If you have canned asparagus, you can simply cut them into small bits and set aside.
Stir and mix the remaining ingredients together. Use a spoon or fork for this. Set aside for 10 minutes or so.
Coat the baking molds with enough oil so that the bites can be easily removed after baking. Distribute the asparagus pieces among the molds. Pour the mixture evenly among the molds as well. Remember not to fill it up to the brim to avoid spilling when the bites rise when baking.
Bake the bites at 350 F. Wait for about 20 minutes and check from time to time if the bites are already cooked.
Unmold and transfer to a plate. Enjoy with your loved ones.
Eggs and Asparagus Breakfast Bites
- For fresh asparagus, chop them into about 2-cm long pieces. Pan fry for around 5 minutes in melted butter. For canned asparagus, simply chop them into pieces. Reserve.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. Stir well to mix together. Put aside for 10 minutes.
- Brush a decent amount of oil in the baking molds. Place some pieces of asparagus in the molds then add the combined mixture you reserved earlier. Avoid filling up to the brim.
- Place in the oven set at 350°F for 20 minutes, checking occasionally if the bites are cooked thoroughly.
- Serve in a plate and enjoy.