There are so many low carb bread options for you to choose on a keto diet. Each type of bread has its own unique flavor.
You may have heard or tried zucchini bread or coconut bread but have you ever tried making them together? We make this sweet bread as a snack that will go well with tea and coffee. You can make it a low carb side for dinner by removing the sweetener.
Today we are showing you our low carb Zucchini Coconut Bread. This recipe uses coconut flour and freshly grated zucchini which provides an additional dose of fiber.
To improve the texture, add more consistency and to increase protein intake, we use 1 scoop of low carb protein powder. This nutritious bread will keep you full. Every once in a while, we love adding protein powder to keep us satiating.
You can also go with collagen protein powder, it’s great for hair, skin, nail and digestion too. Another good news is that collagen protein is heat stable, and sort of tasteless. We’ll be making more recipes with collagen protein in the future.
To add even more flavor, you can add chopped pecan or peanut, or coconut flakes. You can explore other options to make it flavorful such as adding cinnamon or lemon zest.
This Coconut Zucchini Bread is great for snack or lunch. It’s so convenient to to take to work for lunch. You can store the rest of the bread in the fridge until you eat it again.
[page_section color=’#2c3e50′ textstyle=’light’ position=’default’] [/page_section]
[thrive_headline_focus title=”Let’s Ketofy It!” orientation=”center”]
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Wash the zucchini very well and grate it with a hand grater. Add a little bit of salt in the shredded zucchini. Put it on a colander and squeeze it to get rid of the excess water and moisture. We’ll use about 1/2 cup of grated and drained zucchini for this recipe.
Making the dry mixture: In a bowl, mix baking powder, sweetener, coconut flour and protein powder.
In a mixer, whisk eggs, vanilla and melted butter together then add the shredded zucchini and dry mixture in slowly and mix well. Finally add chopped pecan in (if using).
Pour the bread batter into a buttered loaf pan and bake for approximately 40 to 45 minutes until cooked. When the surface is golden browned, remove from the oven and let cool down for about 10 minutes before unmolding.
Slice and enjoy!
Feel free to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Check other bread recipes from our blog:
Zucchini Coconut Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Rinse the zucchini well with water and use a hand grater to shred it. Salt the grated zucchini in a bowl. Move to a colander to drain any unnecessary liquids. You should obtain about 1/2 cup of drained and shredded zucchini.
- Start making the dry mixture in a bowl. Fold the coconut flour, baking powder, and protein powder with the sweetener. Mix until blended entirely.
- Beat the eggs in a mixer together with vanilla extract and melted butter. Transfer the grated zucchini in and carefully add the dry mixture too. Whisk together until incorporated. Drop the chopped pecan.
- Coat a loaf pan with melted butter. Evenly spread the bread batter into the pan. Place in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until the bread is browned and cooked. Once the surface turns golden, take out from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Slice and enjoy!