Being very easy to make, the Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms could be an appetizer, an addition to your lunch salad or even part of your family dinner.
It takes only 25 minutes to make before you put it on a table for everyone to enjoy. To make it, you only need very few ingredients: Portobello mushrooms, mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, and vinegar. I didn’t find small or medium size mushrooms so I got a big one.
Let’s Ketofy It!
Prepare the washed mushroom. Using a plastic brush, cover the entirety of the mushroom with olive oil.
Chop the mozzarella cheese into small cubes and arrange them inside the mushroom cap.
Slice the cherry tomatoes into two pieces. Drizzle the tomatoes with wine vinegar. Add pepper and salt as well. You can also add some basil leaves if you have some. Top the mozzarella with the tomato pieces.
Leave the mushroom in the 375 F oven for 20 minutes until you can see the cheese melting and starting to bubble. Transfer the mushroom on a plate with greens on the side.
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 8 oz Portobello mushrooms
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz cherry tomatoes
- ½ tsp red wine vinegar for sprinkling
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil for brushing
- Coat the entire mushrooms with olive oil. Brush all sides and edges.
- Dice the mozzarella and place them in the mushroom.
- Half the cherry tomatoes and season them with the wine vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix it with chopped basil if available. Place the seasoned tomatoes on top of the cheese.
- Bake in the oven preheated at 375°F for 20 minutes.
- Best served with mixed greens.