For those of you who love salads, the keto diet is perfect, as salad greens are usually quite low in carbs, and you can experiment with adding different kinds of cheese, nuts or low-carb vegetables. We’d like to share with you one of our favourite salads – it’s quick and easy to make, and in addition to that it’s delicious.
Be sure to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
You can use another type of oil, based on your preferences – good substitutes would be walnut or avocado oil. The same goes for pumpkin seeds – you can substitute these for walnuts, slivered almonds, or pine nuts. If you want to make the salad more filling (f.e. if you’re eating it as a main dish rather than as a side dish), you can add a second type of cheese, such as mozzarella, and you can also add some diced avocado. If you’d like to add some herbs, dried basil is an excellent choice.
[thrive_text_block color=”orange” headline=”Receive Our Free 7-Day Keto Meal Plans + Weekly Recipes”] [thrive_optin color=”blue” text=”Send me!” optin=”55" size=”medium” layout=”horizontal”][/[/thrive_text_block]/p>
Arugula Salad with Parmesan and Cherry Tomatoes
- 50 g arugula
- 50 g cherry tomatoes
- 10 g pumpkin seeds roasted or raw
- 20 g parmesan cut in thin slices or grated
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
- Prepare a large bowl for the arugula salad.
- Drop the cherry tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, and parmesan on the salad.
- Combine olive oil with balsamic vinegar in another bowl to make the dressing.
- Pour this dressing all over the salad. Toss to combine the ingredients together. Enjoy!