What screams more like traditional Korean dish Ssam (means “wrap”), it’s a side dish that usually served with drinks for a big gathering of friends.
Lettuce wraps is one of those meals that were created to bond people together, originally all of the ingredients served separately, with lots of additional components so that everyone around the table could make their own unique wrap based on preferences, it is also a sign of respect and good intentions to make a bite sized wrap and feed it to your partner.
There are hundreds of possible variations on what to add to the basic meat and salad wrap, but remember to keep everything organic and without artificial sugar. You can also use other types of vegetables or add something marinated like garlic.
There are many ways to cook pulled pork. It’s up to you to choose your favorite style. If you don’t like pork, you can use shrimp, beef, lamb or chicken.
[page_section color=’#2c3e50′ textstyle=’light’ position=’default’] [/page_section][thrive_headline_focus title=”Let’s Ketofy It!” orientation=”center”]
Thinly slice the pepper and onion and set aside.
For this recipe, we use the leftover pork ribs we made the other day as the main meat, you can check the recipe here: Easy Crispy Dry Rub Baked Pork Ribs
Or you can use this Keto Instant Pot Pulled Pork to make the pork filling.
Prepare the ribs by cutting the meat away from the bones. You can do this by hand or with a sharp knife.
Chop the rib meat into bite-sized pieces. Place a small amount of meat onto each lettuce leaf. Top with the low-carb ketchup and sliced peppers and onions.
Roll the lettuce carefully so that the meat and veggies don’t spill. For added flavor, sprinkle a bit of red pepper across the top.
Don’t make wraps “for later”, try making one and eating it right after. Firstly, it will slower the process of consuming food – which means you’ll eat less and will feel full faster. Secondly, wraps made beforehand have tendency to lose its crunchiness and will look quite dull and pale.
For sauce, you can choose your favorite low carb sauce, we use homemade ketchup for this dish.
Watch how we made this here:
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Spicy Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps
- 5 pulled pork ribs (freshly cooked, or leftover about 400g)
- 2 tsp low carb ketchup
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1/3 green bell pepper
- 1/4 medium onion
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Slice the onion and pepper into thin pieces. Set aside.
- Prepare the ribs. You can either heat the meat or serve it cold as it is, whichever you prefer. Cut the ribs and separate the meat from the bones. Pull the meat by hand or scrape it using a sharp knife.
- Chop the meat into bite-sized pieces. Place a spoonful of meat onto a lettuce leaf. Top with the low carb ketchup and sliced onion and pepper.
- Roll the leaf carefully so the contents will not spill. Sprinkle some red pepper flakes on top to add more flavor. Serve.