One of the reasons why we like to make ketchup from home is because of the added-sugar and the not-so-keto friendly ingredients in ketchup products. Today we’d like to share with you our very simple low carb ketchup recipe that you can make at home.
Since all the herbs and spices we use are in form of powder, we don’t need to do a lot of work. This ketchup recipe is super quick and easy. We call it the lazy way to make ketchup from home. Just pour all the ingredients in an immersion blender and blend until smooth then simmer the mixture to get the desired thickness. That’s it!
Homemade Low-Carb Ketchup
- 1 cup Tomato Puree
- 1/3 cup water divided
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/8 tsp mustard powder
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Stevia (to taste, optional)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp celery salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper finely ground
- Use an immersion blender to mix all of the ingredients together. Continue to whisk for 30-60 seconds to obtain a smooth and creamy mixture to your liking.
- Transfer the mix to a small saucepan over low heat. Leave to simmer for 10 minutes or more depending on how thick you like your ketchup. Stir occasionally to avoid burning the sauce.
- Spoon out a small amount and sample the flavor. Include more vinegar, salt, or sweetener if necessary. Take out from the heat.
- Let sit to cool for a few minutes before putting in the fridge to store. The ketchup can be kept up to 2-3 weeks.
- Enjoy as a dip for your favorite dish.