If you’re having a busy week, simplicity is key when it comes to cooking – quick and easy dishes will help you stay on track and stick to your macros.
The pesto chicken with mozzarella is incredibly simple to make, and very filling. Besides, you only need 3 ingredients. What could be better than that?
Optionally, you can add grated Parmesan together with the mozzarella. You can also add freshly ground black pepper to the chicken before cooking it. It’s important not to overcook the chicken, so you should not wait for it to be completely cooked before adding the mozzarella.
When buying your pesto, check the label for the ingredients and for the carbs it contains – pesto is typically low-carb but the actual number can vary. Alternatively, you can try our pesto sauce recipe.
Let’s Ketofy It!
Leave the oven at 200 C to preheat.
Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and slice them into pieces. You can make about 2 to 3 pieces from each breast. Chop them as small as you prefer.
Brush a pan with cooking oil and set 2 tbsp of pesto on the pan.
Gently plop the chicken pieces onto the pesto. Pour the rest of the pesto on top of the chicken and let it cook.
Cover the entirety of the pan with a sheet of aluminum foil. Leave for 15 minutes until the chicken is slightly cooked.
After 15 minutes, remove the foil on the pan then top with generous amounts of grated mozzarella. Continue cooking for 4 to 5 minutes more. Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy with your loved ones.
- Baked Pesto Shrimp with Cauliflower and Tomatoes
- Keto Zucchini Spaghetti with Pesto
- Keto Creamy Tomato Mustard Chicken
Keto Pesto Chicken with Mozzarella
- 450 g chicken breast
- 5 tbsp pesto sauce
- 60 g Mozzarella whole milk, shredded
- Set the oven to 200°C to preheat while making the dish.
- Chop the washed chicken into small portions. You should cut about 2-3 pieces from each chicken breast.
- Put 2 tbsp of pesto in a pan sprayed with cooking oil.
- Throw in the chicken pieces and add the remaining pesto on top of the meat.
- Enclose the pan with aluminum foil and allow cooking for 15 minutes or up till the meat is slightly cooked through.
- Sprinkle the grated mozzarella on the chicken. Remove the foil completely and cook for additional 4-5 minutes.
- Serve in a plate and enjoy.