Keto Creamy Tomato Mustard Chicken
This recipe is a twist on the historical Stroganoff dish named after the Russian royal Count Pavel Aleksandrovich Stroganoff. The traditional version with ground beef, onions, and cream of mushroom soup become a famous dish worldwide and has many variations.
In this version, we are using chicken and heavy cream, but If you are looking for a dairy free option you can use coconut milk instead keeping the same technique to add it only in the end of the cooking process. The reason for that is to avoid the cream from “breaking” and separating it from the other liquids in the recipe.
If you like to keep this more on the traditional side you can add mushrooms, sautéing it in the beginning and you can use beef instead of chicken.
If you decide to use beef I would recommend tri-tip or tenderloin as you need a cut that will keep its moisture.
The marinade recipe can be kept in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks and it is a very flavorful and quick way to cook meats and vegetables. You can also add herbs to it like thyme or parsley to add more layers to your food.
We like to add the fresh tomato slices and Parmesan cheese over it to elevate the dish and make it more interesting.
Let's Ketofy It!
Add garlic, onion, olive oil and salt in a blender and blend it until smooth.
Cut chicken into small bite-sized pieces and marinate with the prepared mixture in a bowl for about an hour.
In a cooking pan over medium heat, stir-fry chicken for about 7 minutes until cooked. Add mustard, tomato puree, salt, and pepper. Bring to boil and simmer to desired thickness. Remove from the stove and add heavy cream. Give it a good stir to mix.
Serve with steamed broccoli, riced cauliflower, leafy greens or low carb salad. Anything you want!
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
- Baked Chicken Drumsticks with Mustard and Garlic
- Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken
- Easy Creamy Shredded Chicken with Spinach and Bacon
Creamy Tomato Mustard Chicken
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- Tomato Slices
- Parmesan cheese
- Add the marinade ingredients to a food blender and blend it until smooth.
- Cut the chicken breast into small cubes and place it into a mixing bowl. Add the marinade mixture over it and take it to the refrigerator for about an hour.
- After the chicken is marinated, add it to a cooking pan on medium heat on stove top. Cook for about 7 minutes. Add the tomato puree, the Dijon mustard, and check the seasoning adjusting any salt and pepper if needed. Bring to boil the simmer for a few minutes. Turn off the heat and add the heavy cream. Mix well.
- Serve with steamed cauliflower or your favorite low carb salad.