Today, I’m excited to share with you a dish that’s become a staple in my kitchen – Keto Zucchini Noodles with Pesto.
As a chef who loves experimenting with flavors while keeping health in mind, this recipe is a personal favorite. It’s where the freshness of garden-picked zucchini meets the rich, aromatic flavors of homemade pesto.
Whether you’re a seasoned keto follower or just looking for a light, flavorful meal, this recipe is sure to delight. Let’s get cooking and twirl our way to deliciousness!
This keto zucchini spaghetti with pesto sauce is packed with a great number of flavors and will surprise all pasta lovers. If you crave that warm-mouth-full feeling of eating spaghetti but want to stay away from carbs, this recipe is for you. There are so many layers of flavors and textures that really make your palate senses come alive.
This recipe is super easy to follow with just 2 simple steps:
Step 1: Prepare the Pesto sauce using this Parsley and Walnut Pesto recipe!
Step 2: Use a knife or a Hand Held Spiralizer to cut the zucchini into noodles then fry it and finally coat it with Pesto sauce.
You can change this recipe using spaghetti squash or yellow squash. Or you can use the bags zucchini already cut into spaghetti shape to save some time. Most groceries stores now have this option.
To make this recipe a real winner, make sure not to overcook the zucchini. The 5 minutes of sautéing is really all that you need if you want to mimic the all dente texture of a nice pasta. Enjoy it!
If you want to increase the protein amount per serving, feel free to add bacon, ground beef or Parmesan meatballs.
How to Make Low Carb Zucchini Spaghetti with Pesto
Prepare Zucchini: Using a spiralizer, turn the zucchini into thin, spaghetti-like strands.
Cook Zucchini: In a large stainless steel frying pan, heat the olive oil over high heat. Add the zucchini noodles, sautéing them for about 5 minutes until they start to get a bit crispy. Season with salt and pepper while stirring.
Assemble and Serve: Place the cooked zucchini noodles in a pasta bowl. Drizzle your preferred pesto sauce over them. Finish by sprinkling chopped walnuts and shredded Parmesan cheese on top.
- Keto Zucchini Carbonara
- Zucchini Linguine with Shrimp
- Zucchini Pasta With Chicken
- Zucchini Noodles With Meatballs
- Keto Pesto Chicken with Mozzarella
Save this recipe by pinning this to your Pinterest board for later use!
Keto Zucchini Noodles With Pesto
- 3 zucchini (medium size, cut into spiral or spaghetti shape)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp walnuts chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Slice your zucchini into thin spaghetti-like strips.
- Heat the oil on a big, stainless steel frying pan. Sauté the zucchini strips for around 5 minutes over high heat to make it a little crispy. Stir well with some salt and pepper.
- Transfer the zucchini to a pasta bowl and generously pour in the pesto sauce. Garnish with some walnuts and Parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy!