Chicken is always perfect when it is crisp. The best way is to make it crisp is with healthy oil and keto-approved ingredients.
The best healthy crisp is with Parmesan cheese and almond flour. Try our Keto Parmesan Garlic Chicken Tenders, and perfect crisp chicken will be served.
Chicken is a good alternative to red meat on a low-carb diet. It offers a decent amount of protein, which isn’t just vital in squashing hunger and boosting metabolism. It’s also very versatile that you can make many dishes using chicken.
The powder that we dip our chicken fingers in is healthy, unlike traditional breadcrumbs coatings for fried meat. It contains almond flour, cheese, and a blend of delicious spices.
Oregano is a rich source of dietary antioxidants, which helps protect cells against the effects of free radicals and improves the body’s ability to fight infection. Dried basil stimulates the appetite, helps curb flatulence, and aids in the relief of stress, asthma and diabetes (1, 2).
You can choose your own dipping sauce for this recipe, but we recommend using one of our many keto-approved sauces. Store-bought sauces tend to contain sugar and vegetable oils, which are highly inflammatory and can wreck your keto diet.
This recipe is quick and easy to make. You can come home from work after a long day and it will still be effortless to make. Plus, it’s a great alternative to fried chicken at fast food restaurants.
We recommend using Parmesan because it coats the chicken well. If you don’t have any on hand, then you can use another shredded cheese. But your chicken may not because as crispy!
Serve this dish with a salad or low-carb vegetables (see a full list here!).
Let’s Do It!
Cut the chicken breast into strips.
To make, start by beating the egg in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Combine almond flour, Parmesan, garlic powder, dried basil and oregano in a separate bowl.
Dip the chicken strips into the beaten egg and coat on all sides with the flour mixture.
Bake on a wire rack placed over a baking sheet for around 18-20 minutes until the crust turns golden brown.
Similar recipes you’ll love:
- Super Tender and Juicy Baked Chicken Breast
- Fried Chicken Tenders with Almond Flour
- Baked Coconut Chicken Tenders with Flaxseeds
Keto Parmesan Garlic Chicken Tenders
- Set the oven to 400°F to preheat.
- Beat the egg in a bowl, season with salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken breast into stripes.
- In a separate bowl combine almond flour, Grana Padano, garlic powder, dried basil and oregano.
- Dip each chicken strip into beaten egg and coat on all sides with the flour mixture.
- Transfer to a wire rack placed over a baking sheet and leave in the oven for around 18-20 minutes. Remove once the crust turns golden brown in color.
- Serve immediately with your favourite dipping sauce.