Who doesn’t love pizza? Who doesn’t?! With this chicken ‘pizza’ pie you can still enjoy the taste of your favorite dish with a delicious crispy crust underneath.
We use tomato sauce in this recipe. The amount can be adjusted to meet your macros requirement. Remember, tomato paste has relatively high amount of carbs so if you’re already close to your daily carbs goal, maybe just use a few tablespoons.
When choosing tomato sauce, make sure they are 100% natural and made of just tomato. There should be zero added sugar, corn syrup, or any other sweeteners.
You can make your own low carb tomato sauce version at home by simply cooking tomato puree, salt, spices, water and letting it simmer to the desired thickness.
You can also try Rao’s Marinara Sauce if you don’t have tomato paste.
This recipe is a fast and easy way to get your lunch or dinner made in just about 30 minutes. It’s perfect to go with fresh lettuce or any low carb side salad.
[page_section color=’#2c3e50′ textstyle=’light’ position=’default’] [/page_section]
[thrive_headline_focus title=”Let’s Ketofy It!” orientation=”center”]
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, mix the shredded chicken, egg, Parmesan cheese, and spice ingredients.
Transfer the chicken mixture to your baking dish and even out.
Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the chicken mixture from the oven before pouring the sauce and sprinkling the extra cheese. Bake for 15 more minutes. Optional: You can add some spinach on top too!
Serve with your preferred side dish!
Watch how we prepared this here:
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Keto Chicken ‘Pizza’ Pie
- 1 lb shredded chicken breast (cooked)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp basil
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Put the cooked shredded chicken in a medium bowl and mix with the Parmesan cheese, egg, and all the spices. Stir well.
- Remove the mixture from the bowl to a baking pan and press down with a fork to even out the top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the top is set. Take out from the oven and add the sauce and extra cheese on top. Replace in the oven and leave for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with some low carb side dish of your choice.