Do you like complex recipes? On the one hand, they take time and effort. On the other, they sound promising and make any mouth water. Our chicken pot pie is both delicious and rewarding. You’ll feel accomplished and full when you’re finished!
Unlike traditional pot pie, this recipe includes 100% keto-friendly ingredients. You’ll need mozzarella, cream cheese, Parmesan, almond flour, chicken breast, button mushrooms, celery, onions, chicken broth, and heavy cream.
Most pot pies contain wheat flour shell, which contains gluten and is not allowed on a keto diet. Gluten is a problematic food for many people as it contributes to inflammation and causes digestive upset.
Our recipe calls for a shell made with almond flour and cheese. It’s tasty and gluten-free!
The filling for this chicken pot pie is full of nutritious low-carb spices and veggies, such as celery, garlic, and paprika.
Celery is made up of mostly water. Adding it to your diet can help you stay hydrated, reducing bloating and naturally flush toxins. Most people eat it raw, but it’s delicious when cooked, like in this recipe.
Garlic has numerous health benefits. It contains anti-tumor, anti-thrombosis, and antidiabetic properties (1). Garlic also contains antimicrobial ability that can help fight several illnesses. One study found that garlic effectively inhibited 30 strains of mycobacteria consisting of 17 species (2).
You can add more low-carb vegetables to your filling if you’d like. This recipe would taste great if you added broccoli to it. You would also be adding to the recipe’s anti-cancer benefits!
Tomatoes would also work well. They would add a touch of color to your filling and provide antioxidant benefits in the form of lycopene.
You can serve this dish hot with a cold salad first for the perfectly balanced low-carb dinner that everyone will enjoy.
If you’re looking for more keto chicken recipes, check out this page!
Let’s Do It!
First, cook the diced chicken breast with butter in a skillet, add some salt and pepper to taste. When slightly golden, set aside.
In the same skillet, cook chopped onion with sliced mushrooms, celery, garlic flakes.
Add bone broth and paprika and give a good stir.
Return chicken to the panm add heavy cream and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Pour the cook fillings to a pot.
Next, make the dough by combining microwaved shredded cheese, almond flour, parmesan, cream cheese, basil and black pepper.
Roll the dough and fill it with the chicken mix. Fold and transfer to the oven.
Cook for 17 to 20 minutes. Enjoy!
You’ll love these similar recipes:
Keto Chicken Pot Pie
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add diced chicken breast and cook for 5 minutes or until lightly golden, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon of butter to the same frying pan. Add chopped onion and cook until translucent. Add sliced mushrooms, celery, garlic flakes and cook for 5 minutes.
- When mushrooms are slightly golden, pour in chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Then add heavy cream and paprika and give it a good stir.
- Return chicken to the pan, cover with a lid and simmer for 5 minutes to thicken the sauce. Set aside.
- Microwave shredded cheese for 1 minute (or you can use double boiler instead). Add almond flour, parmesan, cream cheese, basil, black pepper and stir until smooth.
- Roll the dough into a circle between 2 sheets of parchment paper.
- Transfer the filling to a pie mold, top with a rolled dough and fold it down around the edges. With a sharp knife, make 2 small slits on top and transfer to the oven for 17-20 minutes.
- When ready, allow to cool for a few minutes and serve.