Almond Flour Crumbed Chicken Schnitzel
Do you love fried crumbed chicken? If you’re like most people, this dish is irresistible to you. Today, we will show you how to make them in a very healthy and low carb way.
If you run out of ideas of what to cook for your family, this dish will save your life. Using almond flour for the crumb gives them a very special flavour. You can be sure that you, your family, and friends will love them.
This recipe is just a proof that you can live the low-carb lifestyle and still be able to enjoy those common dishes that everyone loves. It is just a matter of knowing how to keto cook.
Let's Ketofy It!
Simply mix almond flour with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders. Set aside. In another small bowl, add the egg in and beat it slightly.
Slice chicken breast into thin slices then beat them gently with meat tenderizer to make it soft. Put each chicken slice in a egg bowl and then coat it in the almond flour bowl. Make sure that the chicken get coated with flour all around properly.
Add the coconut oil to a preheated frying pan and fry the chicken. Cook until they turn brown and crispy on each side. Serve chicken along with your favorite sauce. Enjoy!
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
We made a homemade copycat Chick-Fil-A sauce that will go really well with the chicken. This copycat and low carb version is made by mixing mayonnaise, mustard, olive oil, paprika, and black pepper.
Keto Chicken Nuggets with Chick-Fil-A Sauce
Prepare the Chicken
- Combine the garlic & onion powder, almond flour, salt and pepper in a bowl. Put aside for later use.
- Prepare another small bowl. Crack the egg and beat it lightly. Reserve.
- Chop the chicken breast into slivers. With a meat tenderizer, crush the meat gently to soften.
- Prepare the bowls of flour mix and egg. Dip each slice of chicken in the egg bowl then roll it in the flour bowl. Coat the slice entirely.
- Heat some oil in a hot frying pan. Crispy fry the coated chicken. Remove from the heat once all sides turn golden brown.
Prepare the sauce
- While frying the chicken, start making the sauce. Fold all the ingredients together in a bowl until incorporated.
- Pour the sauce on the plate with chicken. Serve.
- Bon appetit!