Frying meat is a great way to add flavor to it. However, most people associate the term “frying” with unhealthy fats. We’re here to tell you that frying doesn’t have to be unhealthy as long as you use the right ingredients.
Our crispy chicken breast is dipped in almond flour and fried in coconut oil. We pair it with a delicious original sauce for a low-calorie meal you can feel good about.
Chicken breast is an excellent source of protein. It’s low in saturated fat and full of amino acids and minerals.
One of the few fats that most people agree is healthy is olive oil. It is also a rich source of minerals, such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium, as well as antioxidants, such as polyphenols, that have been shown to reduce blood pressure and cholesterol levels. This helps reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease (1).
Olive oil contains also a compound called oleuropein, which has numerous proven pharmaceutical effects, including anti-inflammatory, anti-atherogenic, antioxidant, anti-cancer, antimicrobial, hypolipidemic, antiviral, and hypoglycemic properties (2).
The herbs in this dish aren’t just flavorful. They are also good for you.
Paprika contains vitamins E, K, and A. Mustard performs antibacterial, emetic and anti-inflammatory functions. Even black pepper has health benefits.
In addition to its recognizable flavor, black pepper may act as an antioxidant. It also helps you absorb the bioactive compounds in many herbs, which is why you’ll find it added to herbal supplements.
Our sauce is made with a mayonnaise base. You can make your own at home or buy a brand that does not contain added sugars. Also look for a brand of mayonnaise that uses healthy oil (olive or avocado) in place of vegetable oil.
Save this sauce recipe and use it on your favorite foods. It would go great with fish, other cuts of meat, and even as a dipping sauce for your favorite vegetables.
Serve this dish with low-carb vegetables, such as green leafy salad or steamed broccoli.
Let’s Do It!
To make, add the almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
In another bowl, add the egg and beat slightly.
Cut the chicken into slices and beat with a meat tenderizer until flat.
Dip the chicken in the egg mixture then coat it in the almond flour mixture.
Heat olive oil in the frying pan and add the chicken. Cook on both sides until golden brown.
Homemade copycat Chick-Fil-A sauce
While the chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce by combining the mayonnaise, olive oil, mustard, paprika, and black pepper.
Serve the chicken with the sauce.
Almond Flour Crumbed Chicken Schnitzel
FOR THE CHICKEN
PREPARE THE CHICKEN
- Combine the garlic and onion powders, almond flour, salt and pepper in a bowl. Put aside for later use.
- Prepare another small bowl. Crack the egg and beat it lightly. Reserve.
- Chop the chicken breast into slivers. With a meat tenderizer, crush the meat gently to soften.
- Prepare the bowls of flour mix and egg. Dip each slice of chicken in the egg bowl then roll it in the flour bowl. Coat the slice entirely.
- Heat some oil in a hot frying pan. Crispy fry the coated chicken. Remove from the heat once all sides turn golden brown.
PREPARE THE SAUCE
- While frying the chicken, start making the sauce. Fold all the ingredients together in a bowl until incorporated.
- Pour the sauce on the plate with chicken. Serve.
- Bon appetit!