Keto Blackberry Custard Pie
Do you love custard pie? If so, you’re in for a treat! Today we’re going to show you how we make our low carb blackberry custard pie.
This tartlet is the star of the table! With a crunchy biscuit base and a silky center of pastry cream, a tartlet presents the perfect opportunity to contrast flavors and colors.
The blackberries, with an intense purple, complete the paleness of the base. This is one of the richest and refreshing recipes, and also one of the most beautiful to put as a centerpiece in any celebration.
Feel free to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Receive Our Free 7-Day Keto Meal Plan + Weekly Recipes
Blackberry Custard Pie
For the Crumble Topping:
Making Almond Crust:
- Set your oven to 300°F to preheat.
- Combine the almond flour with the sweetener, butter, and salt. Knead to consistency.
- Press the crust on the base of a demoldable baking dish. Place in the oven for 10 minutes to bake.
- Take out and let cool.
Making Crumble Topping:
- Transfer all of the ingredients for the topping in a small refractory bowl. Reserve.
- Merge all ingredients excluding the berries in a large mixing bowl or blender.
- Pour the filling on the baked crust. Drop in the whole berries with extra care so as not to spill the contents. Make sure not to crush the berries since the acid can damage the filling.
- Rebake for another half hour. Remove from the oven once the filling sets and becomes jiggly.
- Cover the surface with the crumble topping and more blackberries. Bake for 10 more minutes for a well-roasted crumble topping. If you don’t like the topping roasted, simply put the pie aside to cool.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour. If ready to serve, unmold from the dish and slice into wedges. Serve while cold.