This cheesy appetizer is easy to make, fun to serve, and sure to impress. What is most interesting is the form – cheese balls.
Cheese is an excellent source of protein, calcium, and several other nutrients. Eating cheese may even aid weight loss and help prevent heart disease and osteoporosis, especially when you pair it with a low-carb diet.
This recipe calls for four different cheeses so your guest won’t get bored. There is really no wrong way to make a cheese ball, which means that you can use just about anything you have on hand. But we think that these cheeses go well with the spices that we paired them with.
So, let’s get started. The whole process resembles a game. Everything you add to food is contributing nutrition. We add seasonings to our cheese ball.
They contain a rich source of thiamin, folate, calcium, magnesium, iron, manganese, phosphorus, selenium, copper, vitamin B6, and vitamin E, dietary fiber, and folic acid.
Spices also naturally flavor your food without tacking on lots of calories or added sugars. In addition to their vitamin and mineral content, the spices used in this recipe contain lots of anti-inflammatory antioxidants.
Antioxidants are known for their ability to fight free radicals, which are unstable molecules that roam the body in search of an electron. Antioxidants work by attaching themselves to free radicals and donating an electron to them so that they become healthy molecules again.
The healthy fat in the cheese helps you absorb these nutrients so that they can get to work!
Let’s Ketofy It!
In a bowl, combine sesame seeds, poppy seeds, and your choice of herbs and spices.
In a bowl, mix softened cream cheese, shredded mozzarella, crumbled blue cheese, grated Grana Padano. Form a ball with the mixture.
Roll the cheese ball around in seasonings until totally covered. Flatten the ball into a disc and transfer to the fridge to chill for one hour.
- Keto Fried Mozzarella Bites
- Cheese Biscuits With Breakfast Patties
- Cauliflower Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Keto Cheese Ball
- In a small bowl, combine poppy seeds, sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, garlic flakes, onion flakes and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl mix softened cream cheese, shredded mozzarella, crumbled blue cheese and grated Grana Padano. Form mixed cheeses into a ball.
- Line a plate with plastic wrap, add half of the seasoning into the center. Place the cheese ball on top and sprinkle with remaining half of seasoning on top.
- Roll the ball around until totally covered. Flatten the ball into a disk, sprinkle with more seasoning if needed and transfer to the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- Serve as an appetizer with low carb crackers or sliced veggies if desired.