Chicken schnitzel is a classic and delicious dish. It’s a crowd-pleaser and your family and friends will love it.
We use 3 small pieces of boneless and skinless chicken breast. If you use one large breast, you might need to cut it in to 3 pieces lengthwise. For this low carb version, we made the coating using pork rind. You can buy the regular unflavored pork rind and crush it into crumbs using a sealable bag, or you can also use the premade pork rind breadcrumbs (pork dust).
This chicken schnitzel dish is exquisite. It may seem a bit complicated at first but it is actually quite easy. We like to serve this with fresh salad. It makes a perfect and healthy meal.
Feel free to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Pork Rind Chicken Schnitzel
- Leave the oven to preheat at 375°F.
- Place the oregano powder, salt, and pepper in a mortar. Crush the garlic in and mix the spices. Season the chicken with this mixed condiments, enough to marinate the chicken breast.
- Crack and beat the eggs in the bowl for the batter.
- Spread the pork rind crumbs on a flat plate.
- Dip the seasoned chicken in the beaten egg to coat and remove any excess liquid by shaking. Roll the breast on the crumbs to cover the whole piece. Repeat the same for the other chicken breasts.
- Arrange the chicken on a baking sheet. Leave to bake for 20 minutes or until the meat is cooked entirely. Optionally, pan sear the chicken breast if you don’t prefer it baked.
- Take out from the oven when ready. Evenly spread the marinara sauce on top and sprinkle generous amount of cheese as well. Rebake for another 10 minutes. Remove once the cheese melts and turns golden.
- Enjoy in a platter with some salad on the side.