If you are tired of preparing similar desserts and you want something new, then we want to offer you the unsurpassed low carb, sugar-free and keto-friendly sponge cake. This dessert will make you fall in love!
We use eggs and coconut flour as the base instead of traditional enriched flour that most cakes call for which contains too many carbs to be eaten on a low-carb diet.
Eggs contain a large amount of protein and vitamin D, which are needed for the strength of the bones. In addition, they increase immunity, help eliminate harmful cholesterol and improve the body’s condition.
An indispensable component of baking is flour. We suggest using coconut flour, which is gluten free, low in carbs, and high in fiber. Not to mention, it gives your cake a nutty and delicious taste!
This recipe also uses a low-carbohydrate sugar-free protein powder. We choose collagen protein because we want to make a cake not only delicious but also helps keep your hair, skin, and cells healthy.
This dessert takes about 40 minute to prepare. It’s a perfect dessert to share with your family and friends.
This cake is relatively easy to prepare. Start by combining the coconut flour with dry ingredients. Then whisk together the wet ingredients. You’ll want to beat the egg whites until soft peaks start to form. Then gently fold them into the rest of the ingredients. This is what helps keep the cake soft and spongy.
Let’s Ketofy It!
First, preheat your oven to 350F. In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
In another bowl, beat egg yolks with melted butter and vanilla extract and combine with dry ingredients.
Beat egg whites until bubbles start to form. Add a pinch of salt and lemon juice and beat until the whites begin to increase in volume. This will makes the cake moist and fluffy.
Add lemon zest and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold beaten egg whites in egg yolk mixture.
Transfer the dough to a loose-base cake mold and place in the oven for 30 minutes. Allow the cake to cool.
Serve as is or top with your favorite low-carb topping or icing. Enjoy!
Keto Vanilla Sponge Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, combine coconut flour, collagen powder, erythritol and baking powder.
- Whisk egg yolks with melted butter and vanilla extract, then add mixture of dry ingredients and combine.
- Beat egg whites until bubbles start to form. Add pinch of salt and lemon juice and beat until the whites begin to increase in volume. Add lemon zest and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold beaten egg whites in egg yolk mixture until blended through.
- Grease a loose bottom 9-inch cake tin or any standard springform pan you have with butter then line the bottom with baking paper or use silicone cake mold.
- Pour the batter to the cake tin and bake for 25 minutes or until golden on top.
- Let the cake cool completely before removing it from the pan and adding your favourite topping or icing of your choice (optional).