Keto bread might seem difficult to make, but is actually very simple. It’s much more filling than regular bread, so you’ll probably only want to eat a couple of slices, which makes it perfect for sharing with your friends or family.
This bread is rich in dietary fiber, which is more than welcome on a keto diet, and will help you satisfy your cravings for bread. You can use it to make toasts, sandwiches, etc. – anything that you would use regular bread for!
If you don’t have psyllium husk, you can use another thickening agent, such as xanthan gum, or just skip it altogether – if you decide to not use it at all, you might need to add another tablespoon of coconut flour to the mix.
As the recipe has a lot of eggs in it, we recommend storing the bread in the fridge, in a paper bag, and warming it up in the oven before eating it.
Let’s Ketofy It!
While preheating the oven to 200°C, beat the eggs for 3-4 minutes in a big bowl.
Mix the coconut oil and butter in the eggs for a minute. Fold the rest of the ingredients into the mixture. Combine thoroughly and put aside for 15 minutes.
Grease the loaf pan with some coconut oil to avoid sticking the dough on the pan.
Transfer the dough in the greased pan. Take it to the oven for 25 minutes. To check if ready, insert a toothpick in the middle of the bread. When the toothpick comes out clean, remove the pan from the oven.
Allow cooling for 5 more minutes. Cut into slices and enjoy.
Keto Bread with Almond and Coconut Flour
- Get all the ingredients ready for the journey!
- Preheat oven to 200 C; put the eggs in a big bowl and mix well for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the butter and coconut oil and mix again for a minute.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, psyllium husk and ground flaxseed to the mixture and mix again. Let the mixture sit for about 15 minutes.
- Spread a little bit of coconut oil in a loaf pan so that the bread doesn’t stick and put the mixture in it.
- Bake for 25 minutes and check with a toothpick to see if it’s fully cooked – stick the toothpick in it, if it comes out clean, it’s ready.
- Let it cool down for 5 minutes then slice and enjoy!