You will appreciate this aromatic dish with beef accompanied by vegetables. It’s one of those stir-fry meals that will thrill your appetite.
The vegetable ingredients in this dish have powerful dietary and health improving properties. For example, they enhance immunity and shrink fat cells. They can help calm symptoms of an upset stomach, including nausea and vomiting, and even play a role in relieving pain. They also promote weight loss by speeding up metabolism.
Vegetables are hard to get enough of on a keto diet. Most people focus on fatty dishes, such as meat and cheese. But vegetables are a good source of fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins, and they need to be included in your diet, too!
This dish will only take you about ten minutes to cook, which makes it a perfect weeknight dinner. We recommend making extras and taking some with you for lunch the next day.
Let’s Ketofy It!
First we start preparing the steak by seasoning the sliced beef with salt, pepper and coriander powder.
In a frying pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil in. Add steak and cook for 2-3 minutes, until both sides turn brown. Set aside.
Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan. Add grated ginger, chilli flakes, and scallion whites in and fry for another minute.
Next, add asparagus in and saute for 2 minutes then put the cooked steak back into the pan and give it a good stir. Season with scallion greens and a little bit of salt and pepper if needed and make sure all food is thoroughly heated before serving.
Serve with cauliflower rice, lime wedges, and roasted peanuts for a perfectly balanced low-carb dinner! You can also serve this dish with other nuts, such as roasted almonds or cashews.
If you don’t have cauliflower rice on hand, then you can buy some at your local grocery store. Many places sell shredded or riced cauliflower in a bag to save you some time. Alternatively, you can learn to make riced cauliflower from scratch by following this recipe.
- Keto Chicken and Vegetables Stir Fry
- Keto Beef Spinach and Shirataki Noodles Stir Fry
- Keto Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Keto Steak and Asparagus Stir-Fry
- 1/2 lb flank steak sirloin steak or skirt steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- ½ lb asparagus trimmed and sliced
- 1 oz scallions chopped, whites and greens separated
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 lime wedges
- 1 cup cauliflower rice cooked
- 2 tsp roasted peanuts optional
- Season sliced beef with coriander powder, salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in the frying pan over medium-high heat, add steak and stir-fry beef for 2-3 minutes, until browned. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, add chilli flakes, grated ginger and scallion whites and fry, stirring, 1 minute. Add asparagus and cook 2 minutes more. Return the meat to the pan, add scallion greens and heat through. Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with cauliflower rice, lime wedges, sprinkled with roasted peanuts (optional).