Panna cotta is an Italian dessert. It has sweetened cream thickened with gelatin. For our low carb version, we use almond milk, heavy cream, full-fat Greek Yogurt and keto-approved sweetener. The cream is aromatized with vanilla. You can infuse heavy cream mix with other flavors such as cinnamon, mint, lemon, etc…
You can serve this panna cotta dessert with berry puree, strawberry puree or chocolate sauce or even a small piece of dark chocolate without sugar. It will take a few hours to set in the fridge so be patient, you’ll enjoy it very soon.
Feel free to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Related: Low Carb Lemon Mousse
[thrive_text_block color=”orange” headline=”Receive Our Free 7-Day Keto Meal Plans + Weekly Recipes”] [thrive_optin color=”blue” text=”Send me!” optin=”55" size=”medium” layout=”horizontal”][/[/thrive_text_block]p>
Almond Milk Panna Cotta
- Pour the sweetener, heavy cream, and almond milk in a saucepan and heat. When the sweetener has melted completely and the mixture starts to bubble, remove immediately. Mix well with vanilla or any other flavors you prefer.
- Follow the instructions on the gelatin packet to prepare the gelatin.
- Mix the heavy cream mixture and the gelatin mixture together. Stir continuously with a spoon until you get a lump-free mixture.
- Gently pour in the Greek yogurt. Stir again. Alternatively, transfer the yogurt to another bowl. Pour a small amount of heavy cream and gelatin mix in through a sieve to remove any formed lumps. Stir the mixture after pouring. Repeat with the remaining mix but remember to only add in small batches one at a time. Fold well after each pour.
- Prepare your molds for the final mixture. Evenly distribute it to all the molds. Refrigerate for 4 hours to make them firm.
- Unmold and serve cold!