If you are looking for a substitute for potato hash browns, cauliflower hash browns are a great option. This is a healthier version of regular hash browns and it’s very similar to cauliflower tortillas.
To make these hash browns, we need 3 main ingredients: raw cauliflower, egg and almond flour. To season it, we use a little bit of onion powder, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and green onions. You can also add some cheddar cheese and butter in the mixture.
These hash browns can be served hot. You can also keep them in the refrigerator for a quick breakfast or dinner with your choice of meat.
This recipe is so easy to prepare. Simply grate the cauliflower to make riced cauliflower then mix it will all other ingredients and fry it in a skillet. You can form rectangular shape or circular shape, it’s up to you.
Feel free to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Cauliflower Hash Browns
- Rinse the cauliflower thoroughly with water. Dry completely. Discard the leaves and chop into little portions.
- Transfer the chopped cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until you get rice-size pieces.
- Pour the cauliflower rice in a heat-safe bowl and leave in the microwave for a minute, enough to make the rice soft.
- Place all the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Mix in the cauliflower. Blend with a spoon until the mixture is uniform.
- Set a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Heat the coconut oil in the pan and gently pour the mixture in.
- Fry for around 4-5 minutes. Use a turner flipper to turn the hash browns over gently.
- Remove from the heat once cooked then serve in a plate.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature.