This Broccoli Cheese Bread recipe is an ideal side dish for meat. You can even eat it for breakfast. We use broccoli as the main ingredient to make this type of bread. We also add a couple of tablespoons of almond flour to obtain a better consistency.
This dish is very simple and can be done in 3 main easy steps: make broccoli rice first, then mix with all ingredients to create the bread dough, and finally bake the dough.
To make it tastier, add Parmesan and Cheddar cheese on the top and just let the oven do all the work.
Broccoli Cheesy Bread
- Wash and dry your fresh broccoli bunch. Discard all of the leaves before chopping into chunks. Make sure to chop enough chunks for 3 cups.
- Transfer the chopped broccoli pieces into a food processor. Continue pulsing until you get rice-size bits.
- Set the microwave to “cooking”. Leave the broccoli rice in the microwave for a minute and a half.
- Crack the egg in a bowl. Add the garlic, cheddar cheese, and almond flour together with the riced broccoli. Beat with a spoon until combined. Season with a dash of pepper and salt.
- Pat the mixture into a baking tray covered with waxed paper. Cover all sides of the tray evenly.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of Parmesan cheese on top. Put in the oven for 10 minutes. The oven should be set at 300°F.
- Take the tray out of the oven. Top with half a cup of cheddar cheese. Rebake for 5 more minutes to melt the cheese.
- Once ready, remove from the heat. Allow cooling for around 5 minutes then remove the paper.
- Cut into rectangular shapes and enjoy!