This recipe for baked shrimp with asparagus is extremely easy and quick to make and contains a very small amount of net carbs (only 2.62 g) in addition to containing two very healthy ingredients.
Shrimp is an excellent source of selenium and vitamin B12, as well as of Omega-3 fats. Asparagus, on the other hand, contains a high amount of vitamin K, folate and copper.
You can use fresh or canned asparagus, depending on the season. Canned asparagus does not need to cook for a long time, so you can add it just before putting the parmesan and the butter.
You can substitute the parmesan for another type of hard cheese, i.e. cheddar. Again, you need to let it melt for approx. 5 minutes. If you’d like to lower the amount of fat in the recipe, you can simply put less butter (or skip it entirely).
Let’s Ketofy It!
Leave the oven at 200 C to preheat while making the dish.
Lay the asparagus pieces on one side of an adapted container and place the shrimp on the other side. Top the shrimp with slices of lemon if you have some. Let the dish bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
If the shrimp turns opaque and pinkish, open the oven door and coat the shrimp with melted butter. Cover the asparagus with the shredded parmesan then close the door again.
Leave for additional 5 minutes enough for the cheese to melt. Enjoy warm.
Baked Shrimp with Asparagus
- 250 g shrimp cleaned
- 100 g asparagus fresh or canned
- 2-3 slices lemon optional
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 3 tbsp Parmesan grated
- salt to taste
- Let the oven preheat at 200°C.
- Arrange the asparagus and shrimp in an adapted container. Lay some slices of lemon on top if desired. Leave in the oven for 10 minutes to bake.
- Check if the shrimp has turned pink and opaque. If so, drizzle the melted butter on top of the shrimp and sprinkle the grated parmesan on the asparagus.
- Rebake for 5 more minutes. Wait till the cheese has melted.
- Transfer the shrimp and asparagus on a plate and enjoy.