If you love eating shrimp, you will want to try this recipe. We’d like to share with you an extremely easy and highly satisfying dish – broccoli and shrimp, sautéed in butter. It’s very quick to prepare (takes around 15 minutes in total) and you can put it in a tupperware and bring it to work.
Shrimp have a very good nutritional profile, being an excellent source of selenium, vitamin B12, phosphorus and copper. So go get some!
We’re showing you a very basic broccoli and shrimp stir-fry recipe that anyone can make, regardless of their cooking skill. However, you can use the suggestions below to make it more tasteful and interesting.
Let’s Ketofy It!
Cut the broccoli into small pieces. The size is a matter of personal preference, but the smaller the pieces, the faster it will cook.
Put the butter in a pan and let it melt. Once it’s hot (but before it starts smoking), put the broccoli and stir.
Let the broccoli cook for about 3-4 minutes and stir occasionally.
Put the cleaned shrimps in the pan with the broccoli and let them cook until they become pink and aren’t transparent anymore. This takes about 3-4 minutes.
Sprinkle the lemon juice on top of everything and serve. Enjoy!
Note: Instead of butter, you can use ghee, coconut virgin oil, or another one of your favorite oils that is adapted for cooking.
If you would like to have some sauce with this dish, you can use mayonnaise. Mayonnaise is usually very keto-friendly (check the label to make sure) and goes very well with shrimp.
If you miss cheese, you can also sprinkle a tablespoon of grated Parmesan before serving.
You can also add heavy cream, Parmesan, and cream cheese to the final stage to make it like an Alfredo dish.
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
- Keto Shrimp Avocado Ceviche Lettuce Wraps
- Baked Pesto Shrimp with Cauliflower and Tomatoes
- Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp
Broccoli and Shrimp Sautéed in Butter
- 1 cup broccoli cut into small pieces
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 300 g shrimp cleaned
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Chop the broccoli into small portions or whichever size you prefer, but smaller pieces cook faster.
- Melt the butter in a preheated pan. Gently toss in the chopped broccoli and crushed garlic when the butter becomes hot (but not smoking). Stir to cook.
- Leave over the heat for 3-4 minutes. Stir from time to time.
- Clean the shrimp before adding them to the pan. Let it cook for around 3-4 minutes.
- Once the shrimp turns pink and opaque, drizzle the lemon juice all over.
- Transfer to a plate and serve.