This is a creamy and tasty steamed cauliflower mashed with butter, cheese and garlic. This is a great side dish you can use to replace the classic mashed potatoes when you’re eating a low carb diet.
This is a great substitute and definitely a healthier alternative to mashed potatoes. You can try this for dinner with grilled beef steak, roasted chicken or pan seared sausage like below:
Let’s Ketofy It!
Prepare a steamer for the cauliflower and let it steam until it reaches your preferred tenderness.
Transfer the cauliflower in a bowl. Mash it together with the parmesan cheese, butter, and garlic. Pour the chicken broth in the bowl as well. Flavor with salt and pepper.
Garnish with chopped coriander, chives, or spring onion. Best eaten warm with your favorite meat.
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Keto Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 Cauliflower head large
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese low sodium
- 1 oz chicken broth low sodium
- 2 tbsp chives chopped, or coriander
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a steamer, put the cauliflower in and steam until it is tender enough.
- Crush the cauliflower with butter, parmesan cheese, garlic, and chicken broth in a bowl. Spinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- In the final step, throw chopped chives, coriander, and spring onion on the top.
- Best served warm with your desired meat.