If you need a healthier and grain-free alternative to standard pasta, you can use zucchini noodles. These noodles (zoodles) are very low carb, easy to make and taste excellent.
In this recipe, we will serve the zucchini pasta with chicken meat. To make the chicken saucy, you can add fresh tomato cubes and stir-fry it with the chicken until the tomato breaks down and releases juice. Alternatively, you can use marinara sauce or any low carb tomato sauce to add to this pasta.
Be sure to save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Don’t have tomato sauce or fresh tomato either? No problem! It still tastes delicious without the sauce. You can keep it simple by having fried chicken on a bed of zoodles.
You can also cook the zucchini noodles in the chicken mixture and stir until the noodles are coated evenly. Moreover, you can mix the noodles with pesto sauce too.
Related: Zucchini Noodles With Meatballs
Keto Zucchini Pasta With Chicken
- 2 oz chicken breast
- 1 zucchini large
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 onion small
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Slice the chicken breast to make small strips. Place in a bowl with the minced garlic, pepper, and salt. Let it marinate.
- Pan fry the chicken in olive oil on a large skillet placed over medium heat. Leave for 5-7 minutes until tender and cooked enough.
- Drop the tomato and onion into the pan. Cook for 3 more minutes. Let it become saucy and juicy before removing from the heat.
- Chop off the tips of the zucchini. Grate the vegetable by pushing along on the grater starting from the top. This will create long, slim ribbons similar to a pasta noodle. Flip the zucchini and continue grating until the zucchini is all used up. Throw away the seeds. Alternatively, create zucchini spirals with a spiralizer.
- Boil the zoodles in a pot of hot water for about a minute. Strain then set aside. As an option, instead of boiling the noodles, stir-fry in olive oil for around 2 minutes.
- Fry the cheese in a preheated skillet to make the cheese crisps. Allow it to melt and brown in the edges.
- Transfer the zoodles in a plate. Top with the cheese crisps and chicken. Garnish with chopped cilantro and slices of tomato.
- Serve and enjoy.