Low Carb Zucchini Frittata is a healthy alternative to a traditional tart or quiche, cooked without any flour. This recipe is great for breakfast, lunch and even dinner. It’s also a convenient meal to take to work.
Tender vegetables, whisked eggs, soft feta and fragrant herbs make an ideal combination of flavor.
This dish is great for those who want to add more veggies into their diet. Feel free to vary the vegetables, according to your tastes. If you want to reduce the amount of carbs in this recipe, feel free to remove leek.
Let’s Do It!
Prepare your oven grill and set it to medium.
Cut the white portion of the leek and chop it into small, slim pieces. Thinly slice the washed zucchini lengthwise and chop the olives and cherry tomatoes into two. Smash the garlic and peel off the skin.
In a cast iron frying pan, pour some olive oil and leave to heat. Fry the zucchini and leek. Once they turn golden around the edges, toss in the Mediterranean spice mix, smashed garlic cloves, and olives. Cook for another minute.
Use a bowl to beat the eggs in. Spice it up with salt and pepper. Add in the crumbled feta and whisk. Plop the halved cherry tomatoes into the frying pan together with the egg-feta mixture. Top the frittata with the small bunch of cherry tomatoes you prepared. Leave for 5-7 minutes over low heat.
Take the pan to the oven and let it bake till the top turns golden brown and is set. Take out from the oven and let it cool for 5-6 minutes. Slice with a sharp knife or pizza cutter into triangles. Add the minced basil leaves on top and serve.
- Crustless Keto Quiche with Spinach and Mushrooms
- Low Carb Crustless Spinach Quiche
- Zucchini Breakfast Muffins
Keto Zucchini Frittata
- 1 zucchini (medium, 7-8 long)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 8 eggs
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup black olives (drained, pitted, halved)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 leek
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 tsp Mediterranean Seasoning or Italian Seasoning
- 1 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Small bunch of cherry tomatoes (for decoration optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Slice a white part of the leek into slivers. Wash the zucchini, cut lengthwise and slice thinly. Peel and crush the garlic, cut cherry tomatoes and olives in half.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron frying pan, cook leek and zucchini slices until golden. Add garlic cloves, halved olives, mediterranean spice mix and fry about 1 more minute.
- In a bow whisk eggs with salt and pepper, stir in crumbled feta. Add halved tomatoes to the frying pan and pour egg-feta mixture over. Put cherry tomatoes branch in the middle of frittata (if using). Set the heat to low and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake at 400F for 7-10 minutes or until the top of the frittata is set and golden. For nicely browned top, put frittata under the broiler for 1-2 minutes at the end of cooking.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 5-6 minutes before cutting into wedges. Garnish with freshly chopped basil leaves. Enjoy!