I love a good kebab. They are fun to eat and always make a meal feel special. Mediterranean food is one of my favorites because it is a type of cuisine that focuses on basic ingredients and enhances its flavor. It’s the type of food that makes an ingredient shine and teaches a cook how to explore the natural flavors and make each ingredient that much special.
This particular beef kebab has Greek and Middle Eastern inspirations with the mint, pine nuts, and yogurt sauce. It packs lots of flavors and it’s light enough to be included in any diet.
This recipe can be easily changed using lamb instead or even ground turkey if you are looking for a lighter version (you might need to adjust the amount of flour when using turkey to get the same texture to mold the kebabs). And if you have a hard time finding pine nuts, you can use walnuts or cashews.
There are also other ways to cook the kebabs. It can be pan seared in a frying pan (in that case I would recommend making smaller kebabs to avoid overcooking the outside) or cooked on a grill, making these kebabs the star of an outdoor summer meal!
Save this recipe by pinning this picture to your Pinterest board for later use!
Beef Kebabs with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (plain, full fat)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cucumber cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients for the kebab in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir everything thoroughly until the beef mixture is thick and firm enough to be put in a skewer.
- Grease a baking sheet with coconut or olive oil. Mold ¼ cup of the beef using your hands to form a decent kebab shape. Insert the skewers through the shaped kebabs and neatly align them on the greased baking sheet.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Bake the kebabs for 15 minutes on one side and wait until the color turns golden brown. Afterwards, flip the kebabs and replace in the oven. Leave for 5 more minutes until the other side crisps. Enjoy with the yogurt cucumber sauce.
Yogurt Cucumber Sauce
- Combine all of the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl. Season to your desired taste with some lemon juice, salt, and pepper. You can store it in the fridge for about 7 days.
- Serve with a salad or some low carb veggies. Enjoy.