Do you have a craving for some kind of a wrap? This egg wrap with avocado, lettuce and tuna is high in protein and super easy to make. Once you try to make it, it will become one of your favorite meals.
Tuna is not only high in protein, but it’s also packed with loads of omega-3 fatty acids, selenium, and vitamin D. All of these nutrients are important for good heart health, brain function, and normal growth.
Tuna fish, fresh or canned, can be easily combined with leafy greens, such as lettuce leaves. Be careful when picking out canned tuna as many brands contain lots of sodium and preservatives.
Look for a brand that contains wild-caught tuna as you’ll reduce your exposure to chemicals used in many farm-raised practices. Also, look for a brand of canned tuna in water or olive oil instead of canola oil as this is a healthier base.
We recommend using organic, pasture-raised eggs if possible to ensure the most nutrients. Eggs are an excellent source of protein and vitamin D, as long as you eat the yolk.
The avocado provides healthy fats, fiber, and potassium, which is necessary to help maintain proper hydration levels due to its electrolyte functions in the body.
The ketogenic diet is naturally diuretic. Therefore, maintaining your electrolyte levels is important and eating avocado is the perfect way to do that!
It might often be hard to come up with healthy and easy to make lunch ideas during a busy work week, but this dish has got your back!
Once you try this tuna and egg wrap, you will be amazed by its delicious and fragrant flavors.
Within only 15 minutes, your lunch will be ready. By the way, this can also be your super breakfast!
Let’s Do it!
Place the eggs in a blender or food processor. Add in the heavy cream, then season with salt and pepper and mix until creamy and combined.
Heat the butter in a skillet and cook the egg mixture until firm and cooked through. Once done, transfer the omelet to a plate and spread with mayo.
In a bowl, combine tuna, dill, mayo, and lemon juice. Season with a little bit of salt and pepper.
Slice the avocado, too.
Top tuna mixture on the omelet then add lettuce leaves and avocado slices.
Roll the wrap and cut it in half. Enjoy!
- Keto Egg Wraps with Shrimp Salad
- Egg Rolls with Spinach, Bacon and Avocado
- Chicken and Bacon Lettuce Wraps
Keto Tuna Egg Wraps
- Crack the eggs into the blender. Pour in heavy cream and season with salt and pepper. Blend everything together until homogeneous.
- Melt a teaspoon of butter in a medium skillet. Gently pour blended eggs into the pan, cover with a lid and cook until firm.
- In a bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, dill, and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Transfer the omelet to a plate and spread with mayo. Arrange tuna mixture, avocado slices and lettuce leaves on top.
- Roll the omelet to keep the fillings inside. Half each roll and serve while warm with your favorite sauce.